Aquahot Blowing Cool Air

ktloah

Sounds like the circulation pump for that zone isn't pushing water.

The fans being on says that the zone is calling for heat so thermostat is good and the aquahot is processing the request properly.

I would wait for the fans to be on (calling for heat) and then tap on the pump that is off to see if it will start spinning.  If so, then likely you have a part to replace.  Before replacing, I would check to see if it has power / ground when the zone is On.

Edited by DavidL

I am pretty sure that on my 2001 Dynasty. There are separate pumps/lines to the bathroom. They have a single thermostat with 2 zones. I can’t remember, are there on/off valves for each of the 3 zones? If so make sure all are open. When underneath at the unit, can you feal/hear the pumps for the other zones but not one to the bath? If so it is likely the pump.

29 minutes ago, ktloah said:

Thanks Dave, I have gently tapped on the pump to no avail. From what I read in the manual, the bedroom pump also supplies the bathroom!?

That's how it works in ours but there is also a switch in the bathroom to turn the heater fan on when you need it. May not be the same with yours but easy to take a look.

thanks guys, I'll give it a try again when I get out of storage

21 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

That's how it works in ours but there is also a switch in the bathroom to turn the heater fan on when you need it. May not be the same with yours but easy to take a look.

The switch in the bathroom is on but just blows cool air

the switch is on, just blows cool air

K,

I have solved the problem on 5 coaches plus mine. Tapping the bras check valve has solved all of them.

Go to the main unit and feel the heated lines coming out of the enclosure. Also listen for the motor vibration.

Tapping is not a light tap. I use a 3/8th socket extension in the copnfines of the heater bay and wrap it with a large lock jaw pliers firmly.

JoeB 03 Exec PBDD

• Thanks 1

• Scotty Hutto changed the title to Aquahot Blowing Cool Air