Unpainted Belt-line End Cap Covers

A few years ago I had ordered a 3-4 sets of belt-line end caps from Rev RV Parts. I don't remember the exact price but I do remember that they were reasonably priced.

I called today to place an order for 3 more sets as some of the ones I replaced were rusting in a very short time even after painting them with a good glossy black paint. They quoted me a price of $35 for a set which is one right and left hand belt-line cap. Yikes!

After catching my breath I told them forget it.

Does anyone have another source for these end caps? If I can't find a different source then I will plan to cobble something together to cover the ends of the belt-line with some other material and paint them glossy black.

Edited by Dr4Film

Richard,  couple of years ago I added an extra "belt line" in the rear where our wheel surrounding started to wave. Its not an exact replacement but I think it is aluminum and decent looking. If you think that you could use it, I would look through my pile of receipts to find the source.

20210217_142341.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I ordered a set of black ones from Amazon and your belt-lines must be entirely different than mine as these don't even come close to fitting or working correctly.

However, I will take one or two of them and cut them up a little to see if I can cobble them into covering the ends somewhat. Otherwise they are useless to me.

Ya know it took me awhile an a few $ to relize Amazon has a GREAT return policy, plus on some things they dont even require the item to be sent back. You know as a person who is trying to just keep up on the maintance on our rigs there are times you have to try something different or use a part thats “not quite the same” as you took off. To me thats when you become a Mechanic, in that your able to cobble something an make it work, an FOR ME, thats when i get a sence of pride, knowing “nope not to day” am i going to admit defeate... I WILL MAKE IT WORK!!! An there are times i will try several things before it get right, but in the end it comes out as good or better than it was before😎