Help Needed With See Vision

Chad A

2003 Monaco Signature 42 Triple Crown. Long story short, my back up camera would be clear then get really distorted.  Would get better or worse based on vibration.  I figured there was loose connection someplace so I opened up the hatch on top of the dash by the passenger side and found a whole mess of wires etc.  I found the See Vision brain and when I would move it the camera would get better or worse. At some point in its previous life someone has connected the red hot wire from the See Vision positive to the Panasonic Brain with a wire without a connector.  Needles to say, that wire grounded on the Panasonic brain and blew the 10 amp stereo fuse.

I replaced the connector on the wire and put a new fuse in.  While in there I also tried to figure out what the all the wires did. Well, I now have power but don't have any video at all to my backup monitor, although I have sound, and I have no power to my Panasonic head unit.  The head unit was the only monitor that worked for my see vision so I now have no tank monitoring, engine diagnostics etc.  

Question 1: While she run and drive without this being operable?

Question 2: I have the entire wiring diagrams but I will be darned if I can figure out where all these wires come from and go to. The electrical wires I can at lease trace by color and location, the RCA plugs on the other hand I have no idea.  

Since we bought the coach the See Vision in the bedroom has never worked, it will come on but that is it. The back up camera is the only one that would come on to the Sony screen.  The back up camera and the passenger side camera would come on the Panasonic screen. 

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

@Chad A It will run fine. You just won't have your cameras or other data.

I expect we can get you going one way or another.

Can you post some pictures of what you are working with, as well as your dash and inside the dash area where the See Vision is, and the rear camera itself, and the relevant sheet from the wiring diagram?

There will be a yellow RCA for each camera, and one yellow RCA for each display.

Monaco has User Manuals for the 2002 and the 2004 Signature, but not the 2003. What type of cameras are your side cameras? Bullet or Intec  box cameras? Do you have an Aladdin system?

Paul

Edited by pwhittle

Go back to the original hook up, assuming you took pics before you began snipping and cutting and rewiring. At least you know that works. Then start with baby steps in creating your new system. If something doesn't work or blows a fuse at least you'll know which wire is at fault. Rewiring the entire system will be daunting....Dennis

Thank you for the quick information.

Dennis, I did not move anything around.  I just took one wire off, marked what it was and then put it back on.  The wires I fixed I took one off, fixed the damaged wire and then put it back on, that is why I am so confused.

Paul, Good to know that I can drive it without this working. I will get some pictures although I don't know how much they will help.  I do have the the 2003 wiring diagrams book for my coach, an original was with the rest of the owners documents (is this rare?).  I have found the manual for the head unit as well, there is a reset switch on it so maybe I will try that?  Trying to figure out this mess is mind blowing, I have purple rca's, yellow rca's, blue rca's, black rca's, gray cables from the cameras etc.  I had 4 sets of RCA's that were not connected in this area but definitely go someplace else in the dash.

If nothing else I guess I will have to call Silverleaf about an upgrade as they are right here in town, Albany Or, although the wife is not a big fan of spending a bunch of money to clean up my mistake!

Let’s start with the pictures and see what we can get going again.

The 2002 and 2004 Signatures are setup differently so the first thing is to confirm what configuration yours is. The requested photos will help with that.

Paul

IMG_6373.jpg.1bf52ac33ef4d25a1a8891ae8582f211.jpg

IMG_6374.jpg

IMG_6391.jpg

IMG_6392.jpg

IMG_6394 (1).jpg

IMG_6393 (1).jpg

IMG_6370 (1).HEIC

Not sure if these help or not?  This is not an emergency by any means, just want to get her put back together so we can use her again.

Thank You

One more thing, all the cables that are not connected were like that when I opened it up.  I just left them on the dash in hopes I would be able to find out what they go to.

Chad,

Are your cameras the bullet style?

Do you have an Aladdin system?

Does the See Vision system have 12V on the 12V battery terminal and the Aux 12V out connections?

Paul

Edited by pwhittle

I do have the Aladdin. 

I am not sure what you mean by bullet style, the one inside is a dome, the two in the mirrors are in square chrome housings and the one in the back is mounted inside a flat housing. 

I will check the see vision for 12v, I know the battery terminal is hot. 

I will take some pictures of cameras and connections and 12v aux tomorrow. 

Thanks for the help. 

Sounds more like the 2004 user manual than the 2002.

There is likely a fuse in the Front Run Bay that powers one or more things in there. If you touched a live wire to ground, it is very likely one or more fuses blew, but unlikely that you damaged anything.

I would start checking to see which of devices has and does not have power on this inputs, then checking for the fuse or other system that feeds that.

Paul

Monaco did some strange things with fuses. Open the front run bay door and look on the inside of that door. Monaco posted where all the hidden fuses are in the coach. One of them may be the one you need. Also, don't eyeball any of them, use a meter on both sides of each fuse. I'd check each and every one just to be sure. Also, check the one's in the rear run bay. I found a couple strange ones back there. I believe all the fuses in the bedroom closet are for inside the house.....keep us in the loop...Dennis

Guest Ray Davis
8 hours ago, Dennis H said:

Monaco did some strange things with fuses. Open the front run bay door and look on the inside of that door. Monaco posted where all the hidden fuses are in the coach.

Dennis,  Don't think I've heard of that before.  You may have something unique and worth sharing.   I don't have it,  do others?

3 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

Dennis,  Don't think I've heard of that before.  You may have something unique and worth sharing.   I don't have it,  do others?

Here's a picture of mine. If there's interest, I'll take a better picture and post it in the downloads section.....Dennis

IMG_0377.JPG

Pictures of Cameras and then a picture of the wiring that comes from the interior camera.

I have 12v to both the battery hot and the aux 12v out on the see vision module.  I have power going to the Panasonic "brain".  I don't have a way to see if I have power coming out of the "brain" to the display unit as it is a sealed wire bundle.  Should I just press the reset button on the "brain" and see if that fixes the problem?  The manual for the Panasonic says if functions are not working to do this but it will reset everything to default.  

I am still unsure of the the lack of video from the backup camera as I thought it went direct from the see vision to the sony.  Am I missing something else?  

Dennis, I was not able to look for that hidden fuse list this morning before work but will this afternoon when I get back. I knew I blew the 10amp fuse in the front run box and have replaced that, that gave me power back to the see vision controller.

Thanks for the help.

IMG_6398.jpg

IMG_6397.jpg

IMG_6396.jpg

IMG_6395.jpg

No other fuse on the Panasonic unit that I can find.  I looked through both the Panasonic manual and the wiring diagram and the only fuse was the one in the run bay.  I cannot visually see one either and according to the Panasonic manual the chord coming from the "brain" to the display unit is one piece with all the wires inside of it.  

Great idea on the separate tv monitor for the see vision, I will do that when I get home this afternoon.

Guest Ray Davis
6 hours ago, Dennis H said:

Here's a picture of mine. If there's interest, I'll take a better picture and post it in the downloads section.....Dennis

Dennis,  I can't imagine that any Executive owner wouldn't be interested unless they have the same chart already.    I don't know how many will notice it on this thread though.    Do you know if charts like that are common and I'm the unlucky person without one for my coach?  

Update: 

Paul,

I plugged the RCA into another tv and I have camera functions which is good, thank you.  It appears that I have a bad "brain" in the Panasonic unit as I hit the reset button and still no power or video will go through it. The hot wire that started all this mess touched the case of the "brain".  I don't know much about circuit boards etc but could this be the reason it won't work? Should I take the cover off and see if I can see anything burnt in there?

Dennis, I do not have that chart in my coach.  It would be handy if I did though.

Any other ideas?  If I get a new head unit will all the Panasonic stuff go away and I can connect the new stereo to the existing harness?

I don't know if the Panasonic display looks like our in the picture did but when ours quit, the other attached electronics like a CD changer and GPS became useless as they were controlled from that unit. I replaced it with Pioneer flip up touch screen receiver/DVD with all kinds of features and never looked back. Lost a ton of weight in coils of long fat cables too. The original connectors don't fit anything so speakers had to be reconnected, not hard but a lot of them. There may be an adapter, don't know, did not care. All that stuff was way outdated anyways. Later replaced the old s-video camera and VGA converter also.

20210222_202001.jpg

10 minutes ago, Dennis H said:

Ivan, were you able to run the Aladdin system through the Panasonic head or did you just toss that too?..thanks....Dennis

Dennis, our coach did not have Aladdin, only a Triptek and that one still works. The camera goes through it and text gets imbedded into the picture when on. Don't know if  Aladdin was even available in 2000?

• Like 1

Guest Ray Davis
10 hours ago, Ivan K said:

our coach did not have Aladdin, only a Triptek and that one still works.

Ivan, I have a Triptek that still works too, except for the compass.   I can't locate the compass gizmo, do you have any idea where Monaco may have located it?

Triptek has been described as a poor mans Aladdin, but I like it, it's simple to operate, and provides a lot of information

32 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Ivan, I have a Triptek that still works too, except for the compass.   I can't locate the compass gizmo, do you have any idea where Monaco may have located it?

Triptek has been described as a poor mans Aladdin, but I like it, it's simple to operate, and provides a lot of information

Ray, I honestly have no idea. I usually only look at it out of curiosity to see totals and averages after a trip. Wonder if it was getting that information from the old GPS unit that I no longer have there, except for the roof antenna that's now unused.

I think I can put a nail in this coffin. After dreaming about wiring diagrams all night I had an idea. I remembered what Paul said about plugging the RCA for the camera into another TV and that worked wonders.  There was another RCA coming into the Panasonic "brain" and I was pretty sure this was the input for the Alladin information.  So this morning after I showered I went out and plugged that RCA into the tv and I had all of my information for the Alladin system and it worked flawlessly.  

So, other than running the navigation (which I don't use and can't because there is no CD in there), running the CD changer (which I also don't use), and being a radio the Panasonic unit is nothing more than a pass through for the video from the cameras and the Alladin system. Am I missing anything here by chance?

If that is all I guess I am shopping for a new head unit now.  Recommendations?

Thank You for all the help!