Intellitec PMC backups, replacements, and extensions

I have previously been able to backup our Intellitec CPU and confirm I could program a replacement CPU, but this weekend I was successful at backing up our keypads and programming a replacement keypad to address one that would intermittently not work right. All the yellow LED’s would come on and the keys would be unresponsive. Fortunately this was a temporary condition and we were never unable to access the keypad functions for more than a minute or two. Now I do not expect this annoyance to occur.

I have also been looking into building a device that would interface with the Intellitec system and allow you to display the status of the system and turn devices on and off using a phone/tablet application. Nothing imminent, but I have been researching what it would take to accomplish this.

Is that something that others would be interested in?

Paul

Do you have the communication protocol for the Intellitec system?  Is it serial or IP or serial over IP?

If you have the communication protocol,, then yes, we would be interested in working with you on it.

Send me a PM with what you have.

If you don't have the protocol...what was your plan?

Paul,

I am interested in the interface, backing up and creating interfaces for new applications as well. So I am very interested in your ideas and would be happy to assist in any way I can.

Paul, an interface device to program the intellitec keypads exists.  I have one along with the software to program the keypads.  Bought is off eBay about ten years ago. Curious if you used the same to reprogram a new keypad.

At one time intellitec was experimenting with a WiFi or Bluetooth interface.  From what I recall it had too many limitations that didn't make it practical for final production.

On reading and reprogramming the intellitec CPU modules, yes this can be done with and interface adapter easily home made. That's what I did.  But, modification of the computer software requires a password to unlock the software.  Many years ago both Bill G and I signed agreements with intellitec to get the password to unlock the software on our computer for personal use.  M&M has a license agreement for commercial use.

Screenshot_20210221-214233.png

Hi Frank,

I believe that is the older 10-00849-000 kit. Intellitec now has a new one 10-01079-00  which has a USB connection rather than DB-9 RS-232C connection. These are still available through Intellitec distributors.

I do not want to modify the system programming.

The new item I am suggesting building would be a new way to turn things on and off from your phone or tablet. Intellitec has a Bluetooth module in their Road Commander line that may work, but they recommended upgrading the whole system from PMC to Road Commander. 

I will do a proof of concept to confirm I can do it. It may take me some time as I am staying busy at work.

Paul

Edited by pwhittle

Keep us posted on your progress.  A few years back Bill G and I kicked around the same idea.  We looked at the new BT intellitec interface but it just seemed to have too many limitations.

Something I always wanted was to control key functions from the drivers seat.  To solve that problem, I programmed put in 2 new 10 button keypads by the drivers seat.  That allowed me to work the slides, water pump, inverter, aquahot and a number of others items directly from the drivers seat.  I got to like the idea of using the mirrors to view the slideout toppers while I operate the slides from the drivers seat.  In my case, if a slide slightly creeps out and starts to rattle while driving, I can bring it in tight while driving from the drivers seat.  It doesn't happen very often but when it does, a quick hit of the slide in button solves the problem.  My CPU is programmed to bring the slides in while the engine is running.