Coolant surge Tank on 2008 Knight

Has anyone used the steel coolant surge tank sold by Veurinks RV Center.  According to their website, it replaces the factory plastic one installed from the factory. Any other suggestions on a replacement.  My rig is a 2008 Knight.  I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Jim 

I just installed a new one from Source engineering.  It was $480 delivered to my door.  A ton nicer than the stock unit.  I’m not sure if they show it on their website, but shoot Jim an email and he’ll let you know what info he needs from you. 
It’s made of aluminum.

Sourcerv.com

Edited by Rob’s 32PBD
Add statement
  • Like 1

Yes either Source Engineering or Chris Throgmartin I believe has them. Right Chris!!!!! Chime in .

When you say surge tank are you describing the Antifreeze plastic tank with the radiator cap in the left rear engine compartment door. If so that's what I am in need of. Can't find someone to find and install on my 07 Diplomat in SoCal LA area.  Following this thread. Thanks 

15 hours ago, Rob’s 32PBD said:

I just installed a new one from Source engineering.  It was $480 delivered to my door.  A ton nicer than the stock unit.  I’m not sure if they show it on their website, but shoot Jim an email and he’ll let you know what info he needs from you. 
It’s made of aluminum.

Sourcerv.com

The tank appears on their home page, lower left corner. Aluminum is a much better metal for this application. 

Edited by Paul A.

On 3/25/2021 at 9:20 PM, Gary M said:

Yes either Source Engineering or Chris Throgmartin I believe has them. Right Chris!!!!! Chime in .

Gary:

Yes we have been manufacturing Stainless surge tanks. They are made of 16 ga 304 Stainless with extra large 316 stainless site glasses with 1000 degree temp fused glass. They are the only stainless surge tanks on the market and were designed for us by an aerospace engineer and manufactured using a CNC machine and then welded by a certified welder. They are by far the most robust tank ever made.

We have 4 left and once they are gone we wont be making anymore. We just got word that stainless prices shot up and will probably be climbing every month throughout the summer. Like everything else there is a shortage of stainless so the prices have gone crazy. I met with my staff and decided that because these tanks are low volume and our margins have been completely wiped away it is no longer feasible to manufacture them. I could switch to aluminum and continue to make them but refuse to do so. I have a strict policy that every product we make is the very best or I wont make it. Period. 304 stainless is far superior to aluminum and I wont cheapen a product to make money by using a material I can buy cheaper. 

We will not resume production of the tanks ( unless stainless prices drop ) and once the current inventory of our tanks is gone there will be no more production runs - Thus - no more tanks.

http://talinman.com/talin-vector-coolant-surge-tank/

Edited by throgmartin

Just wanted to update everyone on our Surge Tanks.

Our inventory is now gone. We have no more Vector tanks left in stock and will not be building anymore for the foreseeable future. I have instructed my staff to revisit the tank/stainless prices again at the end of the year. If the stainless prices are still outrageous then the vector tanks will be dropped from our product manufacturing list. If the prices drop on stainless then we will resume production.

On another note. We just purchased a new industrial property to expand our service center. I am in the process of building out the offices and store front. Imagine my shock when I ordered lumber. If any of you have not purchased lumber lately I suggest you take along some nitro glycerin pills. The shock you will experience will be tough. Last spring I built a new pool house and equipment room and was paying $ 3.50 for a 2 x 4 x 8ft. That same 2x4 is now $ 9.79. So not only has metal, copper and stainless steel gone crazy so has building materials. It is absolutely nuts the price increases I am seeing on raw materials.

• Sad 1

Chris T,  Jim Mcgarvie indicated that your surge tank was too large for his bus.  Do you think I'll have an issue with mine in the 07 Diplomat?   Didn't measure when I spoke and ordered from Ingrid. I won the lottery with the last of the Mohicans in your supply. Hat to find out its too large for my application. Call if needed. 516.840.8268 thanks 

Joel, without seeing a picture of your current tank I do not know. There are many combinations of coolant surge tanks in Monaco coaches. Many think they all came with the standard plastic tank but that is not the case. A lot of the tank size and shape have to do with the model year, rear or side radiator configuration and of course engine.

If you can send Amy a picture of your current tank then she can better assess if our tank will fit.  E-Mail: amy@talinrv.com - Phone : 352-942-2653

15 hours ago, JDCrow said:

Yes, we put off building a home. 4x8 sheet of OSB last April, $4-$5 now $30-$40 

We just downloaded the sheet to have guardian plates made and will get those in 

I was just reading an article on how people are cancelling home building plans. The average added cost for a newly constructed home due to material increases is around $ 23,000. Lumber prices are outrageous. A lot of these price increases we are seeing on certain items is being blamed on Covid. My problem with this is that I cannot see how covid has effected the production of some of these materials. I call BS on some of these increases.

For anyone here who has not priced lumber go to Lowe's website and start looking at the prices of dimensional lumber - 2x4's, 2x8's, 4x4's, etc. You are going to be shocked. It is not limited to just lumber either. Everything is going through the roof and there remains shortages of many products.

7 hours ago, throgmartin said:

Joel, without seeing a picture of your current tank I do not know. There are many combinations of coolant surge tanks in Monaco coaches. Many think they all came with the standard plastic tank but that is not the case. A lot of the tank size and shape have to do with the model year, rear or side radiator configuration and of course engine.

If you can send Amy a picture of your current tank then she can better assess if our tank will fit.  E-Mail: amy@talinrv.com - Phone : 352-942-2653

I was just reading an article on how people are cancelling home building plans. The average added cost for a newly constructed home due to material increases is around $ 23,000. Lumber prices are outrageous. A lot of these price increases we are seeing on certain items is being blamed on Covid. My problem with this is that I cannot see how covid has effected the production of some of these materials. I call BS on some of these increases.

For anyone here who has not priced lumber go to Lowe's website and start looking at the prices of dimensional lumber - 2x4's, 2x8's, 4x4's, etc. You are going to be shocked. It is not limited to just lumber either. Everything is going through the roof and there remains shortages of many products.

Chris, 

Much of the price increases are in anticipation of upcoming regulations and tax increases by the dems, as well as the significant devaluation of the US dollar, the inevitable result of the reckless and foolish dem spending, as well as the idiotic handouts and other waste of our tax dollars. 🤬

This happens every time the left gets control. You'd think that even the dem voters would catch on, eventually.  SMH