Highway Hi-fi

I here you. My dad was a whole sales electrotonic dealer, "middle man", back in the day when that actually put food on the table. As a result I accumulated some now very serious vintage equipment that never gets used. I've cleaned the whole thing up and the turn table has its own platform now that will be stored during driving and all wires behind the dash counsel now.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dennis H said:

I had a 45 spinner mounted upside down in my 57 chevy. Now I stream music from my phone thru my hearing aids. 🙄...Dennis

Love that  Bluetooth technology for hearing aids. Great for phone calls, and safer while driving. 

On 3/30/2021 at 3:10 PM, Jonbrooks said:

On 3/31/2021 at 6:07 AM, Steven P said:

@Jonbrooks nice.  I'm curious as the lighted grab bar. Stock? Aftermarket?  Is it dimmable?

Steven, all the grab bars are lightable. (Is that a word?) There is a small lamp fitted inside the satin piece that houses the light. Doesn't affect the grab bar but adds a nice touch if you're entering a darkened coach. On ours the outside bar lights as does the one inside the door. I've had to replace the outside one, (expensive) as the grandkids used it as a pulling bar to get into the coach. UGH! They have them at Veurinks RV. They are not dimmable......Dennis

I had to take the grab bar apart and insert a led light strip from a local big box store. the original one only had one bulb working. It is not dimmable. 

It also appears very bight in the vid but actually at night its just right to see the steps.

• Thanks 1

@Dennis H @Jonbrooks

Thanks. My inside bar is black metal.  My outside bar has never lighted by design I think.  I'll look into changing one day.  

On 4/3/2021 at 9:39 AM, Steven P said:

@Dennis H @Jonbrooks

Thanks. My inside bar is black metal.  My outside bar has never lighted by design I think.  I'll look into changing one day.  

Nope. The outside grab handle on a Diplomat is not lighted from the factory.  You can put a lighted handle there, and get 12v from the porch light, or any of several sources at the group of switches by the passenger seat...

• Thanks 1