1999 Monaco Diplomat Ceiling Lights

We replaced our ceiling lights with new LED's and have the old lights available if someone needs them for parts or to use. We have 3 complete perfectly working lights with good covers and one that I took apart to use as  a pattern. Free, you pay shipping from Florida. 

Lights.jpg

I'm doing exactly that same thing right now.... but I'm reusing the fixture and just changing the guts out to LED....... and I broke one of the lens covers...sure would be better to have a new one rather than gluing together the broken one... 

Where in FL are you? anywhere near Orlando/Sanford??

Ken

Walker - The model number is 746. 

Cubflyer -  Heading to Fords Garage in Orlando on Friday, I can bring a cover with me. 

Bob - I am located in Vero Beach. 

Edited by DJR1SR
Corrections

18 hours ago, DJR1SR said:

We replaced our ceiling lights with new LED's and have the old lights available if someone needs them for parts or to use. We have 3 complete perfectly working lights with good covers and one that I took apart to use as  a pattern. Free, you pay shipping from Florida. 

Lights.jpg

I could use one if still available. Thanks.

Cubflyer - 1 Lens Cover, PM me with shipping and shipping payment information.

Bob Stevens - 1 complete Light Assembly - Meet up on Friday in Orlando. PM me with your cell number.

Rustygold - 1 complete Light Assembly - PM me with shipping and shipping payment information.

Still Available:

1 complete assembly with a cracked cover.

One assembly for parts.

On 3/31/2021 at 7:13 PM, Cubflyer said:

I'm doing exactly that same thing right now.... but I'm reusing the fixture and just changing the guts out to LED....... and I broke one of the lens covers...sure would be better to have a new one rather than gluing together the broken one... 

Where in FL are you? anywhere near Orlando/Sanford??

Ken

What are you using to replace the guts?

Gary B.

2002 Windsor PBDD

Gary B,

Where I can I'm doing a straight bulb replacement for hot wire and halogen bulbs, but on the 12v florescent bulbs they are really pricy... >$14 each and I have 6 overhead fixtures down the center ceiling of the coach with two bulbs each.   So, my plan (I will post photos as I get one modified and installed) is to use LED light strips around the inside of the "gutted" housing and reinstall the lens cover.  I have used these style LED strips under the cabinets in my kitchen at my house and they work very nicely there, even without any lens cover. 

Ken

5 hours ago, burghere66 said:

You mentioned that you replaced your ceiling lights with new led's.  I am looking to replace mine also.  What did you use as a replacement?  Do you have any photos, cost and source information?  Thanks!

Gary B.

2002 Windsor PBDD

Hi Gary,

I replaced the entire light fixture using the following from Amazon. 

Facon Fashion LED RV Dome Light, 9-1/4'' Length Oval Pancake Light, 12 Volt Interior Ceiling Dome Light with On/Off Switch for RV Motorhomes Camper Caravan Trailer Boat.

The base plate that I used was a 1" x 8" that I routed the outside edges and stained to match the cabinets. They work great with no issues. The one in the bathroom, when I open the closet door it hits the fixture, just need to rearrange the fixture on the base plate. I have attached a picture of the new light installation.

Ceiling Light.jpg

I just redid lighting in our Arctic Fox and used the items below.  A little expensive, but you would think you were in a TV studio if all the lights are on; they really brightened up the whole inside.  And the power required to run these lights is half of what the incandescent lamps used with twice (or more) the brightness.  We could get by with one 8 watt light while on solar, and still see quite well.

When I did the Discovery I just replaced the bulbs with LEDs to retain the factory look.  I used 6000k everywhere but the bedroom (3200k).  They still work on the dimmers, but LEDs are a little wonky when you try to go too low on the brightness (flicker or go out altogether).  Even though I used Chyneez parts they are still OK after 7 years.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0892C38J1/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A67FFQ1POP4BF&psc=1  to replace the pancake fixtures.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DQMVSRL/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=AXEJX2LGR9968&psc=1 to replace the fluorescent fixture in the kitchen.  Here I put 2 side-by-side.  Yes, that is way overkill.

2 hours ago, 6Wheels said:

I just redid lighting in our Arctic Fox and used the items below.  A little expensive, but you would think you were in a TV studio if all the lights are on; they really brightened up the whole inside.  And the power required to run these lights is half of what the incandescent lamps used with twice (or more) the brightness.  We could get by with one 8 watt light while on solar, and still see quite well.

When I did the Discovery I just replaced the bulbs with LEDs to retain the factory look.  I used 6000k everywhere but the bedroom (3200k).  They still work on the dimmers, but LEDs are a little wonky when you try to go too low on the brightness (flicker or go out altogether).  Even though I used Chyneez parts they are still OK after 7 years.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0892C38J1/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A67FFQ1POP4BF&psc=1  to replace the pancake fixtures.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DQMVSRL/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=AXEJX2LGR9968&psc=1 to replace the fluorescent fixture in the kitchen.  Here I put 2 side-by-side.  Yes, that is way overkill.

Those lights look great!  My original plan was to remove the guts of my (8) 20" x 6" fluorescent fixtures across the length of my ceiling but haven't found LED's to do so.  Now I'm looking for a replacement fixture that will fill the 20" x 6" fixture opening.

My waterproof LED strip light https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075R1S9LM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 came in and I modified one of my ceiling light fixtures.  The 16' strip is enough to do 4 of my lights, it takes some soldering ability and basic understanding of DC electricity (Black is positive on my MH, white is negative, red on the lights is positive, black is negative)

I removed all the guts that operated the fluorescent tubes, left the switch that controls the 12vdc, wired it directly to the one end of the LED strip.  Peel and stick the strip around the perimeter of the housing.

See the photos, the LEDs come in "warm white" and "white" These are warm white and in these photos look dim or brown,  but in real life they are only a slightly "softer" white than the original fluorescent lamps.  The green tape is because I had an accident (don't let your screw gun fall over on the lens) with the one lens but DJR1SR Dennis is helping me out with that!

LED strip.jpg

CeilingLT before and after.jpg

CeilingLTpwered up.jpg

ceiling LT with Lens.jpg

Edited by Cubflyer
clarify

• 2 years later...

This seems to me to be way after this was a hot issue but I just replaced 2 of my ceiling lights in my 2002 Monaco Knight and have the 2 light covers available to anyone who wants them.  Free from me you just pay shipping.  I believe they are the same as the ones shown in the post above from cubflyer.  I used the leisure led lights as my replacements.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BF5WHKGS?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I first worked on the lights about 6 years ago.  At that time I removed the tubes and ballast and installed LED strips like cubflyer.  I put in 4 strips in each light.  It worked well but the leisure lights look a little better and you can adjust the light level if required.  I attached my LED strips to the bottom of the light fixture because I believe I got more light out of the LEDS when they point directly at the floor.  LEDs do not distribute light equally in all directions.

• 3 weeks later...