Air Valve

DJR1SR

Have a constant air leak on this valve in the close up picture at the, I assume the discharge line. What valve is this? We are on the road so can I put a screw in the discharge line to stop the leak until I get home to repair it? Thanks for your help. 1999 Monaco Diplomat 38A. 

9A664D2D-8039-4A02-92EE-96EF7E4943BE.jpeg

DF528A33-C32C-46A1-BBB9-61AEED0DF90D.jpeg

Edited by DJR1SR

Air loss, enough to set off the alarm, after sitting for 5 - 10 minutes while fueling up. Crawled under the coach during campsight set up and found this valve leaking. Prolly plug it up until I get to a place to replace it.

3 hours ago, DJR1SR said:

Air loss, enough to set off the alarm, after sitting for 5 - 10 minutes while fueling up. Crawled under the coach during campsight set up and found this valve leaking. Prolly plug it up until I get to a place to replace it.

Personally 

I'd get it in a shop or have a mobile tech change it out..

T h e parts are common and a big truck mobile tech can change quite quickly.

Good luck

Plugging it may cause your air bags to overinflate, possibly causing damage.

Leaks are common in my experience, and while annoying, are small and harmless.

If the coach can maintain air pressure at idle, you should be safe to travel with it.

• Like 1

I agree it is the air ride valve, but i think the "leaking" is really exhausting of the air from a bad or stuck exhaust valve or solenoid (solenoid goes over the valve). If you can identify the correct valve, you might try tapping it to see if it becomes unstuck until you can replace it. I think if you follow the plastic tube that goes to it (closest to the venting tube) you can follow it back to the bad valve. I just replaced one on my rig but was lucky it was the solenoid and was able to leave the valve in place (I am traveling and did not want to replace the valve and have to vent the air). Once you properly identify the correct valve/solenoid you might try unplugging the power to it, in case it is stuck on/open for some reason because of another electrical issue. This is a less likely issue, if everything else works fine, but an easy thing to try.