So i was taking The RV back to storage and I had to do a couple forward backward maneuvers and I noticed when I pushed Drive I would get a clunk coming out of the back end of the coach I have a diesel pusher and I noted that it did not do it in reverse only and drive it didn’t matter if the brakes were on or off, of course the engine is ideling an vehice is not moving when changing direction. I havent noticed this until this last trip to the storge lot. A day before i just lubed the entire suspension an drive line. It may be nothing, i may still be in sticker shock after having just replaced the radiator an water pump. The rig drives an shifts great, last year i replaced the trans filters an fluid an compleated a 1800 mile trip with no problem, when i got parked i ran the fluid check an it past with “ok”... any thoughts

20 minutes ago, Rikadoo said:

So i was taking The RV back to storage and I had to do a couple forward backward maneuvers and I noticed when I pushed Drive I would get a clunk coming out of the back end of the coach I have a diesel pusher and I noted that it did not do it in reverse only and drive it didn’t matter if the brakes were on or off, of course the engine is ideling an vehice is not moving when changing direction. I havent noticed this until this last trip to the storge lot. A day before i just lubed the entire suspension an drive line. It may be nothing, i may still be in sticker shock after having just replaced the radiator an water pump. The rig drives an shifts great, last year i replaced the trans filters an fluid an compleated a 1800 mile trip with no problem, when i got parked i ran the fluid check an it past with “ok”... any thoughts

Check your U Joints.

• Like 2

If it is a new clunk,  check the ujoints. There should be no play in ujoints. Some, very little free movement in the rear end gear is normal but you say it is a new sound so it should be investigated as where exactly it is coming from. 

• Like 1