House Battery Wiring,

birdshill123

Being stuck in Canada I had our 08 Dynasty in enclosed storage. I removed all the batteries and they have been stored connected to a battery maintainer  I was cleaning up the battery trays and noticed a broken wire in  one of the house battery trays. It is a flat grey telephone style cable with 4 very thin wires. Red,black,yellow and I think green. The wiring was disconnected  from the terminal. 3 of the 4 wires were poorly soldered together. The red was not. Strange terminal. Thick copper ring and a bell shaped end where the wires enter. The bell is quite large and was filled with some sort of white sealant.  Nothing was crimped. End of terminal had a boot that tapered to the telephone  style cable. I am now wondering whether it was hooked to hot or ground.  What is that cable?  I am wondering if it is something to do with the inverter. Any suggestions? Thanks

Edited by birdshill123

Thanks but my temp sensor is sandwiched between 2 of the batteries

I have the wiring diagrams but nothing in there for the house batteries. I do not understand why all the wires were soldered together. Why not just run one wire. Could it be  for the alladin or the dash medallion? Strange.

Bingo! It appears there are 2 sensors. The Magnum attaches to a battery terminal. I still do noy know if it is the positive  or negative

The sensor attached to the battery case is for the Monaco installed solar panels. I will have to call Magnum for info on how to repair the attaching of the lug to those wires. I think the white compound is some sort of heat proof compound. Thak you for the help.

The battery polarity is not important - it makes no electrical connection to the battery.  It is just using the post as a mechanical way to attach to the battery.  Some sandwich then between batteries, some glue them to batteries.  The bell shape is the thermocouple, and the "white sealant" is likely thermal paste to help conduct heat.

Thanks. Mine is the original sensor.  The new ones are quite different.  The same shape as a breakaway switch. Replacing it would be a big hassle. The inverter is in the second from the front bay. Attached to the ceiling.

I would have to drop the ceiling in the next bay

The wire probably exits before the wheel well. It is my understanding that you can just disconnect the sensor. The inverter then defaults to one temp. setting