CB antenna replacement

Google search is your friend.  So is Amazon.

Depends on if you have a metal "plane" in the roof.  And what height, and are you reusing existing mount, what size stud that is, etc.

Pictures of what you are trying to do would help.

Back in the "convoy" days when CB's were VERY popular I used a K-40 antenna for my car as they were one of the best back then. I'm sure technology has improved significantly where there is something better and smaller.

10-4 good buddy! What's your 20?

Thanks Rich, be heading out for bike week in SD with 5 other coaches, and feel its better to communicate by CB. I always used a "firestik" but I need close to the original for height purposes only...

Thanks Dave, I'll  get my ladder out and post a picture 

Has yours gotten broken off and if so , where (above the spring?).  Mine got broken off hitting a tree branch and had a hard time trying to find out what the height of the original one was.  I did some research and I think it's supposed to be like 21" or 22".  You could cut an old antenna or use some HD SS wire.  I can measure mine if that will help.

1 hour ago, ktloah said:

20210715_122640.thumb.jpg.d9957b5f2c2703ccd4f70920a01223f8.jpg

20210715_122619.jpg

Hey Mike, here are some pics of what I have. Spring is rusted and not sure if I can replace just spring?!

OK, yours is only bent, not broken.  If you're worried about functionality on your trip I wouldn't worry about it to much.  For what you'll be using it for it will work fine.  If you want it to look better you can find something at most any T/A, Loves, Flying J.  The spring doesn't do anything except to try and keep the mast from getting bent.  In my case it appears I hit a branch low enough on the mast that it got sheared off at the top of the base so I just came up with a new mast I cut down from an old antenna I had.  Heck, you might be able to even dig something up at your local sharing center or Goodwill.

CB Antenna_01.png

CB Antenna_02.png

If you really want a replacement spring they are available on line or you might try WalMart.  Do you know any HAM's near you?  Motorcycles use a short CB antenna as well.

Screenshot 2021-07-15 144149.jpg

Yours looks like an isolated spring, not being electrically part of the antenna. Check it out when you take it off. In that case the Amazon part above may not be a good choice unless you shorten the whip. Hard to tell from the pic but if it adds to the electrical lenght, wave length is important if you are serious and want it tuned right.