Engine Cummins 325hp diesel in 2007 HR Vacationer. Had new Turbo installed in Georgia. Complete new exhaust system (including electronics) installed 1500 miles earlier. Left to return to Canada.  Warning light lit and shortly afterwards turbo cut out.  Stopped for a while and turbo ran normally for 30-40 minutes.  happens all the time now, sometimes perfect and other times nothing.  Has anyone else experienced this and solved the problem.

Does the boost cut out while driving or does it just not come up from no boost situation like idling or coasting? I would also think that there should be a code for it. I suspect that you have an electronic turbo controller, given the year, and you could check around the wiring to it for start.

You have variable turbo which is electronically controlled, the fact that is was just recently replaced and that power is good when it is working makes me think is is electrical. I would suspect a wiring issue or the controller on the turbo is faulty or was not calibrated correctly.

Both the above make sense.  The shop that installed the turbo had problems calibrating it.  I will get that checked ASAP.  I will also try to trace the wiring and check that out.  I'll post the solution once I have it.  Thanks to all who replied.

There is control module that tells the turbo to come on or up.  I had an issue where when I started engine if there was hardly any boost the turbo would not come on. Cycling the from engine off to start after several attempts cleared the issue and ran fine until shut down, then may or may not occur when starting again.  Never happened while driving if I had boost when starting engine.

Cummins replaced the module and no problems since, this was several years ago.

Ron

2006 Camelot

400 ISL