Ride Height Adjustment '08 Camelot?

RustyTools

After resolving the issue with low ride-height on passenger side, I fell down another rabbit-hole. Except I'm the one that's going crazy in this one!

In researching the correct ride-height, I've come across many different measurement 'suggestions' as well as some "RTFM ya dummy" (that's short for Read The *Fancy* 😉 Manual) dictates for the rear.  Problem is, my Owner Manual doesn't state the correct height, nor are most of the suggestions consistent. I realize it is very important as to the height, and after all my recent turmoils under there, I want to get it spot-on. Several gracious folks have offered their information, which I appreciate, but because of the different years and Monaco's changes in measurement, which is the real McCoy?

Hence my question: What should be the correct rear ride-height for an '08 Camelot 40PDQ (no tag), and where exactly should it be measured from? (ie, plate top to plate bottom, frame rail to H-member, or?)

Have u talked to Source Engineering in Oregon?

For ride height, you measure from the bottom of the top plate to the top of the bottom plate where the air bags are mounted.  I looked in our parts file and I don't see a spec for a 2008 Camelot.  I'll update the file once I know the ride height numbers. 

Frank, I would like to know what the measurement is on the Dynasty.  I have a 2008 rolling chassis, coach was first sold in 2009 I guess.  ISM500 was built in May of '08.  Tire chart also lists it as an '08.  I have a slow leak somewhere on the Power Gear leveling, again, so maybe I'll check ride height while I'm fooling around with finding the leak.  One thing for sure, the coach lists to curbside in travel mode a little and I'd like to fix that.  Knock on wood the dreaded Kongsberg chassis multiplex is still going strong.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

I had called Source Engineering for mine, and he said set them to 9" all around.  I did that but I need to call back though because my front rides almost two inches higher in the front then in the rear - measuring frame to road - and its visible when you stand back and look.  Does everybody else's appear to ride level at least to the naked eye?

Ride heights for many model year coaches are listed in our Parts List.

Sean, For your 2004 Windsor, ride height should be 9.5" front, 11" rear.  This applies to 2000-2004 model year Windsor.  Setting both to 9" would explain why your front looks high compared to the rear.  You might want to give Source Engineering another call.

For the Camelot, 2006 shows 8 13/16" for front and rear.  I asked Tom Cherry for ride height on his 2009 Camelot and he said they also were 8 13/16".  I suspect 2008 will be the same but I'd like someone to confirm this.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had a heck of a time trying to find one of those 'high-tech ride-height DIY-calibrated adjustment pointers'.  Wife had lots and lots of plastic ones, but none of the old-school metal ones.  Finally had to cut up my trusty commode-clean-out swirly stick 🥴.  (BTW, I cleaned it first).

Now I gotta ask, Harry, why you went with 8 1/2" vs 8 13/16"? Can you tell/feel the 5/16" difference?

Newest project is re-adjusting the cables & chains in the curb-side bedroom slideout.  Seems one chain is loose and droops down when the slide is coming in, catching on the other chain/cable connector causing them to interfere with each other and not allow the slide to come in.  The BAL Accu-Slide manual has a good write-up of  how to adjust them. Should be a simple job, right?  ha ha ha ha ha ...