Water Pump On OFF Switch

Bill C

Anyone know of a place that I can purchase a replacement illuminated water pump switch like the green one in the attached pic? 

It is located above the passenger seat (in my 2021 Dynasty), is a 2 way toggle switch, and is illuminated when the water pump is on.

Thanks,

Bill

Switch for Water Pump above passenger.jpg

• 4 months later...

Not sure what topic this should be addressed to but this one seems the closest to my problem. My water pump that was replaced about a year ago all of a sudden just stopped working. I have a 2006 Monaco Cayman and the water pump is in what I called the water bay. Does anyone know where I can find the fuse for the pump or have any other idea of what to check because the pump just will not work when the switch is turned to on? Thanks.

Not familiar with you coach but if you have more than one water pump switch, you likely have a latching controller near the pump (little black box). That controller might be fused in your house 12v fuse box and there could be an other inline fuse between the controller and pump. The controllers connections are easy to test and hotwire the pump to see which way the problem is. Until someone with the same coach gives you the correct answer...

1 hour ago, Ivan K said:

Not familiar with you coach but if you have more than one water pump switch, you likely have a latching controller near the pump (little black box). That controller might be fused in your house 12v fuse box and there could be an other inline fuse between the controller and pump. The controllers connections are easy to test and hotwire the pump to see which way the problem is. Until someone with the same coach gives you the correct answer...

Just to clarify a bit.  The pump is likely started and stopped by it's own pressure controller.  Not sure of your pressure settings but for grins let's say it stops at 50 and starts at thirty.  However nothing starts if it doesnt have 12 volt power feeding the motor.  That's where the above mentioned controller enters the picture.  The controller is essentially a special relay.  Coach 12v power is fed to the relay which then is fed to the pump motor if the relay has been activated.  The relay is activated by remote switches which complete a relay circuit.  The main controller then passes power to the pump motor, if it needs it.  Sorry if this is not clear enough.

Maybe it's easier to just say the pump won't start if the water system already has pressure. 

I've had to replace pumps before, and I've had to replace the controller.  My original controller wasn't rated for the power needed by the pump.

Rick M

2000 Monaco Exec

Oops.  Sorry but I think I have made it more confusing.  There are two controllers.  One built in to the pump.  On it you might be able to adjust set pressures.  The second controller is the latching relay sending power to the pump controller.  The latching relay allows the pump to run.  The pump controller actually starts and stops the motor based on pressure.

Rick M

13 hours ago, rmelling0 said:

Oops.  Sorry but I think I have made it more confusing.  There are two controllers.  One built in to the pump.  On it you might be able to adjust set pressures.  The second controller is the latching relay sending power to the pump controller.  The latching relay allows the pump to run.  The pump controller actually starts and stops the motor based on pressure.

Rick M

The “controller” in the pump is only a pressure switch.

So, if the controller in the pump becomes stuck in the closed position, then the pump won’t operate. Is that how it works?
My next door neighbor had the exact same issue and he was able to fix it by pressing on the controller inside the pump body and unsticking it. I plan to do the same once I am able to access the pump (it is in a very difficult place to get to). I have been able to determine that there is power to the pump when the switch is on.

Raw96

If you have power reaching the pump motor then it is passing thru the latching controller as it is supposed to.  If the pump motor is not running it is probably because the pump controller (pressure switch) is not passing power to the motor.  That could be because the water pressure from the pump to the faucets is still higher than the minimum setting and the pump is not needed to raise the pressure above the minimum.  Try opening a faucet to drop the pressure and see if the motor starts.  If not then maybe the contacts in the pressure switch have become stuck or corroded or burnt.  Try tapping with something to see if they start working.  Start with light taps, then stronger if needed.  No hard whacks.  Using highly technical terms here.  Grin.  If still nothing then check for a bad motor ground.  I think it grounds back through the latching relay ground.  It's also possible the internal pump diaphragm has failed and jammed.  Might be a replacement part.  You may try disconnecting the pump discharge tubing and see if you can get water to flow. 

Good luck solving.

Rick M