Jump to content

Beltline Trim


Recommended Posts

I have a 04 HR Neptune and the PO screwed through the beltline trim due to roof separation. I plan on fixing it correctly and would like to replace the beltline trim in the process.  Does anyone know the part number for the trim? Thanks 

20211022_161900.jpg

20211022_162015.jpg

20211022_162035.jpg

20211022_162323.jpg

20211022_162330.jpg

Edited by RBRODDER
Pictures added
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you have a aluminum roof? 

Would need to see a picture of the trim. To know if it's the same as on my coach.  They used a number of different styles.  

If its the same as on our Diplomat I  can tell you how to fix it also.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have, what I consider,  an expert on beltlines here who often helps and comments on this group.  He is ChrisT and usually posts under the “throgmartin” heading.  He operates TalinRV in FL and can help you with the beltline and suggestions for repairs.  I think he sells the materials for repairs, and if you are near there, you’ll find no better shop to do the repairs. Check their website and call.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, RBRODDER said:

I have a 04 HR Neptune and the PO screwed through the beltline trim due to roof separation. I plan on fixing it correctly and would like to replace the beltline trim in the process.  Does anyone know the part number for the trim? Thanks 

20211022_161900.jpg

20211022_162015.jpg

20211022_162035.jpg

20211022_162323.jpg

20211022_162330.jpg

As the trim wraps around and down At the rear of the coach, it looks to be taller on one side? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You need to have a picture from the end. It looks like the same stuff that I have.  If it is it has a little flag on 1 side, and the other side has a cup on the other side. Sorry I don't have the order with me. Its at home and I won't be back for other week. I  found the stuff at RV Renovators in mesa az & at La Mesa rv in mesa az. La Mesa had it in almond. RV Renovators had it in white. It was running in the $3.60 a foot range. The stuff I found was quite a bit lighter a was around $60 for a 50ft roll. Wish that I would have gotten the heavier stuff. But it's working just fine. When I get home I'll find the order an send it.  

I made a video on how to fix it.  If your interested.  

Problems that I ran into. Dissimilar metals corrode. So using stainless steel  or steel screws when you have a aluminum roof & frame will cause you major problems in the future.  You need to use aluminum rivets.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RBRODDER said:

Thanks Bob, yes I would be interested in seeing the video. I will try to get a shot of the end profile of the trim cover.

Thanks Rich

rbrodder1@yahoo.com 

Things can get crazy,  please remind me next week when I get home.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, I amazed at the wealth of knowledge this site has.  I just bought my FIRST Class A two months ago, '06 Monaco Windsor.  We love this coach and style along with how noticeably much better the quality is compared to others we were looking at.  I have been spending the last two months fixing things and this site has been invaluable in helping me.  It just so happens I noticed the trim (beltline?) under one of the slide out awnings has come loose on the underside.  See pic below.  I have placed a screw with washers on either side just to keep from getting worse.  I am not knowledgeable enough to know how it is attached, but the screws or fasteners underneath have rusted completely so I am assuming that is why it has come loose.  I went on the roof and saw where the caulking was bad on top of the awning retainer that would allow rain to get behind the trim.  So now to fix without a lot of cost.  Seems like there might be a video to repair from Mr. Bob S, so I will await to see that.  Any other comments are so welcome for a Newbie like me.

Beltline Trim.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bill R said:

Wow, I amazed at the wealth of knowledge this site has.  I just bought my FIRST Class A two months ago, '06 Monaco Windsor.  We love this coach and style along with how noticeably much better the quality is compared to others we were looking at.  I have been spending the last two months fixing things and this site has been invaluable in helping me.  It just so happens I noticed the trim (beltline?) under one of the slide out awnings has come loose on the underside.  See pic below.  I have placed a screw with washers on either side just to keep from getting worse.  I am not knowledgeable enough to know how it is attached, but the screws or fasteners underneath have rusted completely so I am assuming that is why it has come loose.  I went on the roof and saw where the caulking was bad on top of the awning retainer that would allow rain to get behind the trim.  So now to fix without a lot of cost.  Seems like there might be a video to repair from Mr. Bob S, so I will await to see that.  Any other comments are so welcome for a Newbie like me.

Beltline Trim.jpg

 

Just now, BobSchmeck said:

 

Hi Bill,  question do you have an aluminum roof?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steele Rubber Products in NC makes screw track covers.  They may have something helpful.

Steele Rubber Products - Home

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bill R said:

Bob - how can I tell.  When I had my roof sealed I was told it was fiberglass.  But not sure if they knew for sure.  Is there a way to find out. 

Generally fiberglass roofs are one piece and don't have a seam down the center.  Aluminum roofs are two piece with a left and right side piece running the length of the coach.  They have a sealing tape running along the centerline. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, RBRODDER said:

Yes, it is an aluminum roof.

Scrap a very small spot on the roof were its painted. If it shows silver, it's aluminum.  

Larry is correct.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bill R said:

Bob - how can I tell.  When I had my roof sealed I was told it was fiberglass.  But not sure if they knew for sure.  Is there a way to find out. 

BilI, I’m obviously not Bob, but I have a ‘05 Windsor and it has the solid fiberglass roof.  Since the ‘06 was the last year for Windsors, and appear to be a continuation of the ‘05 design, I think you have fiberglass which rolls over the edge and down to that upper beltline.  It has no seam down to centerline, front to back, which is a indicator of the aluminum roof.

Edited by David White
Link to comment
Share on other sites

David, thanks for confirming what I suspected that it is fiberglass. No seam, feels and sounds like fiberglass, and I had been told it was fiberglass.   If it quacks like a duck……

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/22/2021 at 10:16 PM, BobSchmeck said:

You need to have a picture from the end. It looks like the same stuff that I have.  If it is it has a little flag on 1 side, and the other side has a cup on the other side. Sorry I don't have the order with me. Its at home and I won't be back for other week. I  found the stuff at RV Renovators in mesa az & at La Mesa rv in mesa az. La Mesa had it in almond. RV Renovators had it in white. It was running in the $3.60 a foot range. The stuff I found was quite a bit lighter a was around $60 for a 50ft roll. Wish that I would have gotten the heavier stuff. But it's working just fine. When I get home I'll find the order an send it.  

I made a video on how to fix it.  If your interested.  

Problems that I ran into. Dissimilar metals corrode. So using stainless steel  or steel screws when you have a aluminum roof & frame will cause you major problems in the future.  You need to use aluminum rivets.  

Bob, here are a couple pictures of the end profile as it wraps around the rear lower panel of the coach. First picture is of the passenger side and seems a little deformed, next two shots are of the drivers side.

20211025_163200.jpg

20211025_163355.jpg

20211025_163359.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, RBRODDER said:

Bob, here are a couple pictures of the end profile as it wraps around the rear lower panel of the coach. First picture is of the passenger side and seems a little deformed, next two shots are of the drivers side.

20211025_163200.jpg

20211025_163355.jpg

20211025_163359.jpg

Yep. Thats the same thing that we have. We should be home Wednesday sometime.  Will get you the information Thursday or Friday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is what worked for me when I needed a new trim line. All from the same seller on ebay.

  As in the picture but I got it in white and painted to match. She sells both the aluminum strip and vinyl cover.

Trim.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So digging into this a little bit further...I see trim cover with a lip and trim cover without a lip. What is the purpose of the lip and would it go to the upward or downward? Looking at the pictures I posted earlier, it looks like the driver side definitely doesn't have the lip, while the passenger side looks to have a lip. I currently don't want to start taking it apart as it is raining and cooling off. So I know it won't be very pliable. Thanks 

Rich 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RBRODDER said:

So digging into this a little bit further...I see trim cover with a lip and trim cover without a lip. What is the purpose of the lip and would it go to the upward or downward? Looking at the pictures I posted earlier, it looks like the driver side definitely doesn't have the lip, while the passenger side looks to have a lip. I currently don't want to start taking it apart as it is raining and cooling off. So I know it won't be very pliable. Thanks 

Rich 

You want the one with the lip. The lip on mine went to the top. That way you get a better seal when you caulk it. Some people don't seal the bottom side. They say that way if any water gets in it has a place to drain out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...