Vacuum switch availability?

JM1998

It is your vacuum generator. Not much can go wrong with it but you can replace it with electric vacuum pump, google will show you the available kinds for other vehicles. Depending what's wrong with it, it should be fixable if the coil works. The plastic check valve looks like one from early C3 and older Vette and is available.

I'd say the question is whether it quit generating vacuum or if there is a leak in the vacuum distribution system past the pump. Clicking of the black valve would indicate that it was working but the vacuum was quickly depleted further up due to a leak that might have gotten worse.

This has nothing to do with a tag axle or any other axle. The compressed coach air flow creates vacuum via venturi effect, the vacuum is stored in the ball like container and used to operate your dash actuators to route air where you want it. That black valve with solenoid is supposed to close once enough vacuum is stored.

17 minutes ago, JM1998 said:

Please detail. Part number, etc

For the valve? Something like this should work just fine but you would have to confirm the port opening sizes, eventhough I think they are right. Assuming you know for fact that this is what failed.

Screenshot_20211201-191528_Chrome.jpg

On my 03 Windsor the vac pump, that operates the dash HVAC system, ran continueosly .   Vac motor switch malfunctioned.  Replaced whole unit. It is used on Fords with diesels engine. My part number E3HT-2A451-BA on ebay . Yours looks a little different from mine so check it out before ordering.

On my similar setup I searched high and low for the electric solenoid which had failed in my system. Nothing seemed quite right. Lo and behold I  found out quite accidentally that the solenoid switch was an off the shelf item and direct screw in replacement. The part was an electric solenoid from the garden department at Home Depot. The same solenoid used in just about every yard that has automatic sprinklers. Used to turn the zone valves on and off. Changed mine 3 years ago for about $10 and all is still humming along. 

Good luck

Ken