Microwave replacement

Flyinhy

I replaced mine 2 years ago. It fits into a hole above the refrigerator so I needed something that was really close to the same size. I think it's different from yours though. , After much searching this is was the only one I could find that would fit.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RMZPJNS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Charles,

I wasn't referring to the location as not all but most microwaves are located over the cook-top area.

However what is VERY important is exactly HOW the new microwave is mounted to the opening in order to make it VERY secure while underway. Hence my initial post.

The specific Sharps that are used in the Monaco coaches mount from the bottom to a metal plate that has been secured to the back wall. Then there are a few small sheet metal screws mounted from the sides into the adjacent cabinets that are NOT used for support. They are just secondary to the main HD bolts.

If the microwave you are wanting to purchase has mounting bolts that come down from the top then how exactly are you going to accomplish that when there isn't any top access?

• Like 1

Our '97 Monaco Windsor has a bar on the left that the door hinges on. It sits tight against the wall on the left. Most hinged doors get wider when opened so had to replace with the same unit. Had a heck of a time getting the old one out. Removed the bottom plate to reveal two hidden very long 14" plus screws that went up into the wall plate at an angle. 
wife is happy now, wish I had known about the bottom screws in advance.

Edited by Schooner
Spelling

3 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

the microwave you are wanting to purchase has mounting bolts that come down from the top then how exactly are you going to accomplish that when there isn't any top access?

I understand now. I just looked at that.....it can never just be a simple solution. 

I replaced my old Sharpe with a newer one. Easy because they mount the same. The new one did have attachments in the top if you can get to them. Was able to go through cabinet over microwave. Tightens everything up better. Original microwave moved around on mounting that was just on back wall. Made a lot of noise going down the road. Newer one with mounting screws at the top front is quiet.

It looks as though an 03 Exec is close to an 04 Sig. The 1x3 trim board above the oven is held on with cupboard door or drawer latches and pops off. It' visible below. Once off you will see how it is mounted. I took a lot of the dead oven apart to figure that out. Once the top bracket is unscrewed from the coach bracket it rolls down then lift off. It does top mount like the Dr said. Remove the bracket from the old and put on the new. If you have the European rockers, the ottoman and a couch pillow are the perfect height! 

5654.jpg

5653.jpg

20211212_131935 (1).jpg

On 12/12/2021 at 5:50 AM, Dr4Film said:

Charles,

I wasn't referring to the location as not all but most microwaves are located over the cook-top area.

However what is VERY important is exactly HOW the new microwave is mounted to the opening in order to make it VERY secure while underway. Hence my initial post.

The specific Sharps that are used in the Monaco coaches mount from the bottom to a metal plate that has been secured to the back wall. Then there are a few small sheet metal screws mounted from the sides into the adjacent cabinets that are NOT used for support. They are just secondary to the main HD bolts.

If the microwave you are wanting to purchase has mounting bolts that come down from the top then how exactly are you going to accomplish that when there isn't any top access?

Our Sharp OEM microwave/convection oven had a metal mounting bracket on the back. In addition, it had two long machine thread screws coming down from the top through the cabinet. The cabinet above the microwave has a spaced faux shelf. The faux shelf had to be removed to access the screws. When my Sharp died, I replaced it with a similar High Point microwave/convection oven which mounted almost the same way. After 3 years, the high Point died so this time I constructed a shelf to match our Cherry woodwork & I just installed a Panasonic Microwave/Convection Oven, Air Fryer, Broiler counter top model. Very pleased so far with the additional features because we no longer carry a separate Air Fryer! In addition, provides some extra space on each side if needed,

Bart from Virginia, 07 HR 42 PLQ Scepter

Microwave - Panasonic.jpg