Possible water leak

Removed access panel to shower valve, dry, pulled engine hatch, dry, removed furnace vent under bathroom sink, dry, removed access panel under front of shower, dry.  Will be looking at ac vent, speaker, and light fixture in ceiling.  After that, time to call Sherlock.

Agreed Rick,  however, last summer I used, after thoroughly cleaning the roof, 6 inch eternabond tape on all roof seams including where the big awning is installed, skylight, front underwear end caps, and any other seam, also caulked places where eternabond did not work as well as installed new ac gaskets.  In addition I caulked around all  windows and the entry door and awning.  Inspected and lubed all slide seals, etc.   I'm from Oregon and we had significant rain after the work was done, no leaks.  That is why this is really puzzling me.

5 minutes ago, Rick A said:

Only two sources of water in the roof.
A leaking roof, aircon condensation, often significant.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Wrayj1 said:

Agreed Rick,  however, last summer I used, after thoroughly cleaning the roof, 6 inch eternabond tape on all roof seams including where the big awning is installed, skylight, front underwear end caps, and any other seam, also caulked places where eternabond did not work as well as installed new ac gaskets.  In addition I caulked around all  windows and the entry door and awning.  Inspected and lubed all slide seals, etc.   I'm from Oregon and we had significant rain after the work was done, no leaks.  That is why this is really puzzling me.

Could it possibly be condensation building up long hot showers, and then somehow running down onto the floor?

I have been following this and trying to visualize the location of the spots.  I went to the Holiday Ramble site 2007-ENDEAVOR.pdf (holidayrambler.com) and got the brochure.  Based on your description the water spots are showing up about where the red dots are on the image below.  After some discussion with my wife explaining what was happening, the only thing above the floor near that area is the backflow preventer for the black tank flusher.  The supply line for the flusher goes from the outside connection up into the bath are under the cabinet and then to the black tank flusher jet.  Mounted on the top is a back flow preventer valve that can release so water if not working right.  The water may be going under the carpet underlayment and then up through a seam in the underlayment.  Yes, contorted but that is my only guess.   Next time you flush the black tank find the valve under the sink and see if you get any water around it.  It will look somewhat like the second image.

image.thumb.png.cae12919373ff11f076c5cb56e9b7ebc.png

image.png.e2b8e5e561131d4cfd06c5b319f85b83.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Larry Laursen said:

I have been following this and trying to visualize the location of the spots.  I went to the Holiday Ramble site 2007-ENDEAVOR.pdf (holidayrambler.com) and got the brochure.  Based on your description the water spots are showing up about where the red dots are on the image below.  After some discussion with my wife explaining what was happening, the only thing above the floor near that area is the backflow preventer for the black tank flusher.  The supply line for the flusher goes from the outside connection up into the bath are under the cabinet and then to the black tank flusher jet.  Mounted on the top is a back flow preventer valve that can release so water if not working right.  The water may be going under the carpet underlayment and then up through a seam in the underlayment.  Yes, contorted but that is my only guess.   Next time you flush the black tank find the valve under the sink and see if you get any water around it.  It will look somewhat like the second image.

Detective Leak. Great work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Larry Laursen said:

Larry,  thanks for the input, you may have solved the issue.  I back flushed around 9pm Friday, three spots were already there, I had also back flushed 5 days prior.  I'll be back flushing Tuesday or Wednesday and will check it out when I do.

Larry, I removed the bottom in the cabinet, located the valve behind the 2 inch drain/vent abs line. As well as I could see or feel there was no moisture on the floor.   I wrapped a rag around the line wzter supply line coming up to the valve.  I'll be back flushing in a couple of days and will remove everything again so my wife can look in that area while I back flush.  I'm hoping this is the problem and a new valve is the fix.  Thanks for your input.

Stephen, where are you when I need you?  I'm a little to old and physically beat up to contort myself to get the valve out.  I also don't have tools for working on pex piping.  I'll have to rely on my local plumber or RV tech.

If you can reach the top of the valve the cover comes off with two screws and the float retainer unscrews.   Replace parts and put back together.  It sounds like it would be easier to repair than replace.

• Thanks 1

This is typically a 2" black ABS vacuum breaker valve. I put up a photo below. Some can be repaired, others are solid units and can  often can be unscrewed and replaced. 

22 minutes ago, StephenW said:

If it is the vacuum breaker leaking it looks like a Watts which is repairable.  Repair kits for the Watts valve can be found at Amazon or possibly a local Home Depot.

slide _gate _valve.jpg

Edited by Rick A

Ray,

The line will only have water in it when you flush.  It will possibly leak when the supply water is turned off.  So I recommend you have someone watch the lines than turn on the water let it run for a few minutes and then turn it off.

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions regarding my mystery leak.  Based on info I received I'm suspecting it is the backflush backflow prevention valve, however, I will look at tyecvacuum breaker as well  as they are next to each other.  I will be back flushing in a couple of days and will have my wife watch the valves as I turn the water on and off to the back flush.  I will report back once I have it solved so others can use it for future reference should they have the problem.  Thanks again for all the input.

Ray

37 minutes ago, Wrayj1 said:

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions regarding my mystery leak.  Based on info I received I'm suspecting it is the backflush backflow prevention valve, however, I will look at tyecvacuum breaker as well  as they are next to each other.  I will be back flushing in a couple of days and will have my wife watch the valves as I turn the water on and off to the back flush.  I will report back once I have it solved so others can use it for future reference should they have the problem.  Thanks again for all the input.

Ray

The first time I used the black tank flush water started pouring out. It only happens when a hose is hooked up with pressure though. It was the backfkow preventer. Was a real bitch to get to. In cabinet against outside wall behind hydro hot furnace fan. I cut it out and put 2 pex 90s in and a piece of pex pipe. Same thing I did in my Montana. These things are prone to failure. I use a little screw in backflow preventer from home depot where the tank flush hose screws in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, klcdenver said:

Did you match the number of terminals and orientation to the old resistor. Some times they are not the same but the plug will still fit the resistor. But usually when you have only high it is the resistor. Pull it out and see if one of the coils have burnt into. 

For a water leak?  🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, I just read the heater fan high speed only thread, too.

LOL,

- bob

To everyone who responded to my possible leak I will update you.  I back flushed yesterday for approximately 10 minutes while my wife looked at the backflow preventer on the back flush, no leak anywhere and the three water spots have dried and have not returned up to this time.   Unless it gets worse we will live with it until we return to Oregon in April.  I'll pull the carpet to expose the water spot area and decide what my next move is. I will post again in the future if I find the problem.

I'll just throw this in there . . . . yesterday we discovered a pinhole leak in one of our copper pipes.  Pinhole like I can't even see the extremely fine stream, but I can feel it.  It takes hours to add an inch to a small bucket.  Turns out this isn't all that uncommon.  And I thought copper, like diamonds, were forever. 

I doubt you have a pinhole leak, but it does give food for thought. 

- bob

On 1/16/2022 at 8:47 AM, Larry Laursen said:

This is really helpful to me as I have a similar water leak which wets my rug in spots also only my leak is next to a wall in my bedroom which has our shower on the other side. I've checked and checked the shower underneath and all the connections I can get at and all is dry. My wife used the washer last night and the spot appeared and was very wet. We hadn't used the shower and I have not back flushed the black tank but there it was. Sooo, I'm asking if anyone has a schematic of the water lines or know where I can get one so I can try and trace out where any lines might be relative to my leak. 

This is in a 2004 Windsor PBT38.

Thanks for any help.

Chuck,  thanks for your post.  As I posted a couple of days ago after 10 minutes of back flushing no wzter spots appeared.  Also, we do laundry almost everyday and no sign of water spots during or after doing laundry. If anyone posts the waterline schematic I'll take a look at that as well.  Unless it worsens I'll wait until I'm back in Oregon in April and consult with Scott at Amazing Creations, Coburg, Or.  Scott worked for Monaco for several years and knows these coaches ingimately.