our 94" monaco dynasty stolen in LA

tact50

our 94' monoco dynasty was stolen yesterday in  Los Angles. we feel devastated. Our son Keenan was living in it as he traveled.HE was joyous and loving it.He had many of our belongings, and every thing he owned in the coach. Yesterday he returned to where he had parked the coach and it had disappeared. with only some shards of reflective glass in the middle of the street. It took the LA police over three hours to arrive and make out a report. They said it would be like finding a needle in a hay stack to find it. we don't know which way to turn. We contacted Progressive Insurance and filed a claim. they said someone may be in touch with us at the latest monday.

i'm not even sure what we are asking. is there something else we should do? We feel lost. we are also kicking ourselves for feeling secure and keeping absolutely everything we have (had) in the motor home.  We've had our baby since new i 1994 built a climate controlled garage for her and kept her in perfect condition. 

Has anyone had similar experiences. what did you do? how did you survive.? maybe looking for empathy and support. The Monacoers have been so helpful to us and so so many others. We may be looking for some kind of miracle.   PS: We are still grateful for our continued good health. 

• Sad 1

Ted,

I am SO very sorry to hear about your "baby" being stolen away from you and your son. That situation is on the same level as having your house broken into, ransacked and stuff stolen. I am sure you feel VERY violated, I know I would!

I assume that you already have a complete police report and you stated that you have contacted your insurance company. What I would do ASAP is to sit down and start writing a list of ALL of your personal possessions including your sons that you can remember which will help the insurance company and possibly the police too in either located the perps or assigning a valve to the loss.

If you have photos of your possessions that would be even better.

I wish you well during this terrible time and loss.

Keep us informed of what transpires. Plus, whether the police have located your coach quickly or not.

You are in my prayers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for your loss, will eco Richard, my tenant burnt my shop down next door to where our home is,he was working on his car which started the fire, it is a complete loss, it burnt on December 23 rd and I have called,sent emails asking for a progress report, she finally responded yesterday and said I think we should have some answers for you in a couple weeks!!! It seems to be a new world ,short staff,people sick,people using this pandemic for leverage.

All I can say is take a deep breath, no one got hurt, hopefully replacement cost from your insurer, use weaknesses as strength, looking for a new/upgrade  coach ,condo whatever the next chapter may be could be very exciting. 

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser 

• Thanks 1

Sorry for your loss.  This gives me the opportunity to remind folks that it is good to have a actual replacement cost rider on your insurance policy because after the adjuster depreciates everything, you will be doing good to recover 1/2 the cost of replacing items.  

We had a tornado hit our house several years ago.  We were able to replace everything with the insurance company paying the full cost for replacement.  Over $60,000 worth.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Folks,

Here is another Monaco that got ripped off last month.

Ted, you might want to contact Russ @ RVTRavel.com to post your stolen Monaco coach.

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS STOLEN RV?

stolen-st.-George-UT-485x273.jpg

This big Class A, a 1997 Monaco Executive, was stolen from the Black Road area near St. George, Utah. The area is just off I-15, near Exit 27. The Mojave County Sheriff’s Office says the theft happened sometime late on December 12 to early December 13. If you know something, please contact the office at 928-753-0753 or call the toll-free number at 1-800-522-4312 and use reference DR#21-047468.

Did someone rip off your ride? Let us post information on your stolen RV. Email Russ (at) rvtravel.com.

See many more recently stolen RVs. Let’s help find these for their owners and maybe even put the crooks in the slammer. Click link below.

Stolen RVs Report. Let's find these for their owners - RV Travel

• Like 1

So sorry to hear of your loss. It is devastating and I feel for your son having to tell you it was stolen. I am going to make sure I have a good photographic record of my coach and everything in it. It is amazing to me how brazen these crooks are and makes you realize no one is immune from this kind of theft.

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss.
Definitely get pictures posted on every RV website you can find.
RV'ers are everywhere, and they're the people most likely to notice your coach.
These things aren't inconspicuous, and having many eyes on the lookout drastically increases your odds of locating it, as well as catching the human filth who stole it.

Good luck, and God Bless. 🙏

• Like 1