Aladdin Questions on My 2006 Dynasty

I have ordered a new set of Waste Dump Valves made by RecPro. While changing them out I want to locate the waste tank sensors for the grey and black tanks to make sure they are clean. I don't see any sensors on the passenger tank ends so I am assuming they are on the driver tank ends or possibly on the sides.  Any clue as to where they might be?

I also need to know where they hid the Aladdin TIM so I can recalibrate the sensors. 

Edited by Dr4Film

Clean on the Inside of the tank?

Or Clean on the outside (adhesive side)?

If on the Inside....clean the tank....ie: chemicals (you have probably done this), Flush (if your tank is equipped you have probably done this) or worse case, Power wash using a Jetter nozzle inserted into the drain / toilet (not a pretty job, but effective).

My sensors are on the driver side.  They are on the bottom of tanks behind outdoor faucet. You can get to them above dump valves. The fresh water sensor on passenger side behind the basement heat exchanger. 

This video helped me replace and calibrate. 

I’ve cleaned mine thoroughly and recalibrated also. After determining that I could not rely on them repeatedly I purchased and installed the Seelevel system. Best thing I’ve done as it relates to the tank monitoring. 

• Like 1

Richard,

Don't waste time/energy on those pressure sensors.   Everytime i replaced them, they only lasted one season for the black and gray.   You should see the black and grey sensors above your dump valves with phone wire and RJ11 plugs.

I also recommend the See Level with bluetooth setup, it took about two hours to install.  I put the sensors on the passenger side, the display on the drivers side and an alarm buzzer in the bathroom.    

I also added an actuator to the grey valve with a hidden switch under the bathroom counter.   You pull the drawer

out and reach in and up to flip it.   Theres another switch for it in the wet bay.   Lets me close the grey valve without going outside.   You can get them from Barker Mfg (no relation).   
https://www.barkermfg.com/auto-drains.html

Granville Barker

• Like 2

Hopefully you have not ordered new sensors and doubt cleaning will help. One good thing (NOT) about the Aladdin tank monitors is you get good at recalibrating. I tried new sensors without much success on our 04 Dynasty… decided looking at the fresh tank was more accurate and when water backs up in the shower, it’s time to dump the grey. I wish you luck as I gave up. Rest of the system worked well.

Edited by Ivylog

I installed the SeeLevel Tank Sensors on my Windsor tanks years ago. Not because the OEM ones had failed as they still work great. I just wanted a way to check the tank levels from the service bay versus having to walk inside to view the levels.

The sensors on the Dynasty tanks are not reading correctly. And since I have to change the tank dump valves, while I have it all apart, I figured I would at the least clean them to see if they will work at all.

If the readings are unacceptable, I will be installing the SeeLevel Tank System to the Dynasty tanks sometime in the future.

Thanks, guys, for letting me know where they are located.

Edited by Dr4Film

• 2 weeks later...

A couple quick tips he did not mention.  Tilt the coach toward the passenger side to push what is left of the contents of the tanks so that they do not drain out when you remove the sensor.  (Make sure the tank is empty before tilting the coach.)  Add a 90 degree "L" to the tank with the "L" facing up.  That way the sensor can be screwed into the up facing "L" to keep any solids from the inside of the sensor.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

• Thanks 1

On 3/18/2022 at 4:59 AM, Dr4Film said:

I installed the SeeLevel Tank Sensors on my Windsor tanks years ago. Not because the OEM ones had failed as they still work great. I just wanted a way to check the tank levels from the service bay versus having to walk inside to view the levels.

Odd they didn't install a tank monitor in the service bay as well as in the coach.