RESOLVED. 74 year old eyes saw a line that I thought was red. It wasn't , it was orange.  Reconnected orange line and connected switch to the proper red line. Thanks for all the comments.

2004 Dynasty. Have an air leak in the parking brake switch around the push/pull knob. Replaced the switch and that stopped that leak.

In addition one of the 2 lines going to the switch has a major leak in in. There is a red and a blue 3/8 line going to the switch. The leak in the line is at the location where it goes thru the floor above the front run box. It is impossible to get to in order to patch the line.  I ran new lines from the tank  thru the floor at a more accessible location.

At the tank there is a red and a blue line. These are the lines I ran new to the switch.

The leaking in the line has stopped and the parking brake is engaged. The parking brake knob however is pushed in, indicating the brake is not engaged. If I pull the knob up it continues to release air thru the bottom of the switch. Did my 74 year old brain tell me to replace the wrong line?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Mike

Edited by bmulvenna@hotmail.com
Posted resolution.

Just recently replaced the air pressure valve sensor on my 2006 Monaco Knight after having an issue with lowering leveling jacks. Prior to replacing valve was getting an “engage parking break” warning preventing the jacks from engaging.  The replacement resolved the issue. However, more related to your question, I did notice during the repair by moving the plunger handle which engages the break caused an air leak around where the plunger is sealed entering the valve housing.   You may want to check for leaking in that spot. 

I was fortunate in getting help from this forum to resolve my issue. Wish the same for you. Best of luck. 

Thanks, should one line come from the tank and the other go to the brakes??. Both lines now go to the tank, that is why I think I replaced the wrong line.

It does not leak at the plunger, it pours out the bottom of the switch when I pull up on the brake handle to engage the brake.. It should just hiss briefly  when pulling up the brake handle 

Spelling

Have you figured it out yet? I am no expert but i know how mine works. Blue line comes from front dry side tank, red goes to inversion valve by the rear axle. Having both going to the tank serves no purpose, it only will empty your tank through its exhaust. It should only release pressure between the hand valve and inversion valve at the rear and allow the spring brakes to apply. 

I agree and think I may have found it. Won't be able to prove until Thursday. Orange and red underneath the coach look ver similar. Found a red line that I think I need to use. Currently connected to the orange. Will advise on Thursday. 74 year old eyes orange looks like red. Can't make the change until Thursday.

THANK YOU.

Spelling