Engine Brake Switch Wiring

Chargerman

I purchased a foot switch to activate my Jake Brake. I wired it to the On/Off switch but must have the wrong wires. I used the two wires marked “Engine brake” but the foot switch does not activate the brake. Toggle switch works fine. It very hard to see the switch wiring amongst the mass bundle of wiring. If anyone has the armrest wiring diagram for an 06 Exec or any input on which wires to utilize I would appreciate it. 

Morning, sorry to say i have nothing to contribute to your wiring issue, however i can say IF the switch in the armrest is where you connected, that as long as you used your DVOM to make sure you tapped into the exact wires it should work. I can say i have purchased new items before that were defective from the factory, for me it was always the last thing i checked🤦‍♂️
My question is since im planning to put a floor switch for my engine brake system, are going to lay it flat on the carpet or are you making a bracket to hold it up. I like the whole concept of not having to take my eyes off the road to flip the switch to engauge the brake. 332F3A51-7251-46A8-8EE0-B962A58CC130.thumb.jpeg.a870caae1c481012957ae9aed00eac5a.jpeg

I did not confirm the contacts with my meter. Certainly should have. I know the foot switch is good as I tested it prior to install. My switch is currently on the floor by I plan on making an angled footrest to mount it on. It is easy to use and find at its current location though

I never understood why foot switches were not factory installed in the 1st place. That for me its more natural using your foot than being distracted looking for a switch, and i will admitt there have been several times i will just use my left hand to flip what i thought was the brake switch, only to realize i flipped the wrong one, that now i move my eyes to turn that switch off an to now turn on the brake.

26,000 lbs moving at hiway speed going down a mountain pass and my attention has been diverted away from driving… What could POSSABLY go wrong🤦‍♂️
Keep us up on what you find with your issue, i always enjoy a good wiring story👍

25 minutes ago, Chargerman said:

I will update once I get my Coach back. Currently at a Cummins certified facility getting the stator replaced. An exciting cost for that repair 😳

Can you share the stator replacement cost? I replaced our 12.5kw last year, curious... I am surprised they even have one for you.

Sure. Cummins did have the stator. The bearing kit has been on back order since Nov. but I was able to find one at a mid west dealer. Total cost with armature, stator,brushes, bearing kit and a few other parts and labor is right around $3700. 

• 4 weeks later...

So I finally got back to my Jake Brake foot switch wiring. I indeed had it wired to the correct wires. I had wired it in parallel but when testing the circuit I found the circuit to be normally closed so I changed the foot switch so that it normally closed and then wired it in series so now both the foot switch and the original rocker switch both activate the Jake independently.