Hole in side radiator

Hi Gang:

I have a 2005 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV.

Twice in the last 10 months I"ve gotten a hole in my side mounted radiator. The first time the hole was in a bad location so the radiator had to be replaced (Progressive Insurance paid the whole bill).

The second time I got a hole in the upper right hand corner where the inlet hose is. I've attached pictures.

I am looking for a solution for keeping foreign objects away from the radiator area.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

George Brennnan

RV_Raditor_2.jpg

RV_Raditor_4.jpg

RV_Raditor_6.jpg

You have got to be the unluckiest guy having had TWO strange events where you have gotten a hole in a side radiator TWICE from road debris.

I only drive during the day so I can avoid any road debris, OTR truck gators, and wildlife.

With over 18 years of traveling, I haven't had any road debris problems and hope to continue with that success. 🙏

• Like 1

After road debris punched mine I covered the front half of the fan bracket all the way up to the top, and the bottom all the way back with 1/4" square hardware wire (Ace or Farm store) 100k miles since then... ok.  Bendable, shape forming, little edges sharp as he** wear good leather gloves.  Small rock found in the shroud when removing the radiator for repair.  Those duals and tag can kick up alot of little stuff.

• Like 1

Back in 2015 I had the same thing happen.   When I saw what happened I called my insurance agent, for Grange Insurance, and he said if it was indeed road debris I could file a claim.  I had it towed to a Cummins shop and when they got the radiator our I took some pictures.  Agent filed a claim and then the adjuster took over, they had someone come and look at it and accepted the claim.  Then the Cummins shop and adjuster haggled over what needed to be fixed/replaced.  Came to +$7000.  But Cummins let me source and pay for a radiator, they would have charged me a 50% markup if they sourced. 

While the radiator was out I took the CAC to have it cleaned but ended up having to replace it, it leaked like a sheave. 

• Like 1