Manabloc Valves - Replacement?

Exekia

Hi All,

I de-winterized today, and behold clearly did not winterize well, despite pushing air a 45psi till all faucets came out with air only.    Water filter under sink had burst and several of the Manabloc valves (or the manifold itself is leaking).   Looked up videos on Youtube and it seems the valve spindle is pretty easy to replace, but wanted some advice based on what you see in the pic - seems it could very well be valve seals / rings but want to be sure it isn't a cracked manifold post valve.   There is a drip coming from the third one p on the right, but all three bottom ones on the right spew when opened and the 2nd up on the left also spews in a similar fashion.

All advice appreciated.  2007 Beaver Marquis.

Thanks.

Anand

IMG-6181.jpg

Frank -

I did pump RV antifreeze through the hot side - I did follow someone's instructions.   Air through the cold side, rv antifreeze through the hot side, and antifreeze in all of the p-traps.   Thought I had it right.  Didn't rush, ran about 5 gal of antifreeze. 🙂   Still looking like an expensive lesson.  The Aquhot fired up fine and the hot side of all of the pipes seemed to work fine.   No leaks I could see or hear or from the AH.

Anyone know if there is a 14 port manabloc available that has the 7 cold 7 hot? and oriented with the cold on the left (though I'm guessing that is reversible).   Keep finding 8 cold 6 hot.   

Anand

I do think the bottom of the manibloc ends up being lowpoints.  I drained all the low and left them open as I aired... next time I'll antifreeze both sides.

They look like 1/2” out.  The input seems standard.  There is a 12 port available that is 6 cold 6 hot, I could just combine two lines.  Not sure what to to do with the drain, just keep it capped I’d think.

Going to try to replace the spindle valves first.  Let’s see how that goes.

AF69F02B-252C-4D9B-A0B7-B19BC908221E.jpeg

Not sure if the Manabloc used on a 98 Monaco Windsor is the same, but I had a burst manabloc & leaks everywhere. I ordered a new manabloc from Supply House cut out the old block and mount only to recognize the fittings and pipe sizes were different In name they were the same but just would not fit the old plumbing. I ended up replacing all plumbing (and fixtures) with new pex (blue and red Home Depot & Lowes) I used crimp and stayed away from sharkbite fittings. 

While I was in the wet bay I gutted it. Replaced all panels with polyethylene sheets cut to size, added lines for an outdoor shower, macerator, heaters for the 3 tanks and insulated the entire plumbing system. 

Hope this helps.

Tom 

97 Windsor 

20220210_124025.jpg

20220210_142335.jpg

20220210_142257.jpg

20220210_143736.jpg

20220210_173402.jpg

• Thanks 1

There is nothing magic about hot & cold other than the color. They both turn on and off the flow. You just have to label what each one supplies and remember that Red is Cold and Blue is Hot.

Or turn it upside down.

Edited by Dr4Film

• 4 months later...
On 5/22/2022 at 8:08 PM, Frank Bergamo said:

I would also be concerned about the Aqua Hot internal loop. Air alone will not winterize your coach. You must pump RV antifreeze through system to insure no freeze damage. Could be an expensive lesson, good luck.

I used air to blow all the water out of my water lines.  I then left all the faucets open incase any water was in the lines.  The temps where I was went down to zero several times.  Never had and frozen pipe issues.

4 minutes ago, Chuck B 2004 Windsor said:

I used air to blow all the water out of my water lines.  I then left all the faucets open incase any water was in the lines.  The temps where I was went down to zero several times.  Never had and frozen pipe issues.

Chuck, big differencs between winterizing a standard RV hot water system and an Aqua-Hot system. The Aqua-Hot has multiple loops of a copper coil either on the outside or the inside of the boiler tank. Using just air for winterizing an Aqua-Hot is not recommended by the company in Colorado. It would be very difficult to  remove all of the water from all of those loops with just air. Very expensive to replace a leaking Aqua-Hot system that ruptured because of water remaining in the loops during the winter.

If you don't want to winterize an Aqua-Hot properly then your next best bet is to head south for the winter where the temperature seldom gets to the freezing level.