Front brake costs

Just say I’ll need new front rotors and a disk brake job (not just pads), pins and all.  What’s a ballpark cost today for that?

2003 Monaco Dynasty… & no, I don’t know what brand or manufacturer the parts are.  Manual just says “Eaton Corp”.

I have the 2003 Neptune so prices may be different.  May of 2021Rotors were $237.41, Calipers were $258.1 and labor was around $500.  Can't be more accurate since other labor was done.  I hope this helps.  I believe the pads were alright just the calipers locking at times.  The parts were, I think, International Harvester.  Work was done at a local independant in mid-Michigan.

Dale N

I would imagine somewhere around $1k per axle end to be a decent deal, depending on labor rate. I have read about someone paying 8k for 4 corners. Mine was about $600 just for the parts and all I needed was the rotor, pads and hub seal. Hopefully your caliper is good, that could be astronomical depending on availability. 

• 2 weeks later...

I looked in the parts book and I did not see brake parts listed for a 2003 Dynasty.  There was parts for a 2000 signature, so you could use these as a guide to estimate cost. 

If a Dynasty owner doesn't respond your only option may be to take your parts off, find a casting number and try to identify and locate them. 

Good Luck

I’ll share what I’ve found.  As we’ve all learned… Monaco was not real consistent here from year to year.

Axle is: Eaton-Spicer #1460-W

calipers: 3263L1156 (obsolete). eBay says $1500 w/out guts.

Meritor gave A1 or A2 3263M1157 as today’s number - spendy!  I found aftermarket new with all internals for $550-ish.. find it parts.com using the 1157 number

pad linings - KIT15625PM (4), KIT15616PM (2), KIT15626PM (4) - the book difference is emergency/fire or refuse.. 4 part kits = $380 & up

ROTORS… ADB1560 gives 6 possible options - this will require take off & measuring (maybe steel brush & find stamp #’s).

it’s been surprising hearing shops say we’ve not had to do a brake job on a coach.  They are heavy duty…  

today’s price of updated assembly is ballpark of $9500+… no labor…

Edited by MHRookie

1 hour ago, MHRookie said:

I’ll share what I’ve found.  As we’ve all learned… Monaco was not real consistent here from year to year.

Axle is: Eaton-Spicer #1460-W

calipers: 3263L1156 (obsolete). eBay says $1500 w/out guts.

Meritor gave A1 or A2 3263M1157 as today’s number - spendy!  I found aftermarket new with all internals for $550-ish.. find it parts.com using the 1157 number

pad linings - KIT15625PM (4), KIT15616PM (2), KIT15626PM (4) - the book difference is emergency/fire or refuse.. 4 part kits = $380 & up

ROTORS… ADB1560 gives 6 possible options - this will require take off & measuring (maybe steel brush & find stamp #’s).

it’s been surprising hearing shops say we’ve not had to do a brake job on a coach.  They are heavy duty…  

today’s price of updated assembly is ballpark of $9500+… no labor…

You might try contacting a salvage yard.  You might be able to buy a whole axle with brakes for much less. 

• Like 1