Gray and Black tank sensors

Has anyone had trouble with the gray and black tank sensors on a 01 Monaco Dynasty ?

What is the best corse of action ?

I have an 01 Dynasty.

IMO, the factory tank sensors on most, if not all, RVs are not worth much, and are never accurate. I installed the Garnet 709 SeeLevel II 3 Tank Monitoring System and love it. It is very accurate and when dry camping this is very important. Here is a link.

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Garnett-Technologies-Model-709-SeeLeveL-II-p/709-1003.htm

Bill

• Like 1

I chose to purchase the SeeLevel Tank Level System for my tanks. The screw-in tank sensors for the black & grey tanks have been removed and cleaned once but they still do not work correctly. So, I will not go through that again. The sensor for the fresh water seems to work fine but really don't need that as I can open up the bay door and visually see how full it is.

You can't go wrong with the SeeLevel Tank System as I installed those on my 02 Windsor many years ago. Always worked flawlessly.

• Like 1

I did the same install sealevel 2.

I got their remote panel and put a panel in my wet bay (one of the better upgrades!). Plus the regular panel in the rig. 

I see the grey and black tank in about 4% levels - 25%, 29%, etc. 

The Fresh tank is  about 3% levels. 
51EF0F68-319A-456A-B9E6-F026C21844A5.thumb.jpeg.b8424e572302eea17b3b708a00b74edf.jpeg
You can see the green stick-on levels. I just reused some of the wires (didn’t need them all).

I added a wood spacer to mount the new gauges (that was the easiest way for me).

Good Luck!

EF77C58E-41F7-4293-A3CA-AB1D38F0C6DA.thumb.jpeg.79af0ba05452fef59be7ace4b4516e3d.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Rocketman3 said:

I did the same install sealevel 2.

I got their remote panel and put a panel in my wet bay (one of the better upgrades!). Plus the regular panel in the rig. 

I see the grey and black tank in about 4% levels - 25%, 29%, etc. 

The Fresh tank is  about 3% levels. 
51EF0F68-319A-456A-B9E6-F026C21844A5.thumb.jpeg.b8424e572302eea17b3b708a00b74edf.jpeg
You can see the green stick-on levels. I just reused some of the wires (didn’t need them all).

I added a wood spacer to mount the new gauges (that was the easiest way for me).

Good Luck!

EF77C58E-41F7-4293-A3CA-AB1D38F0C6DA.thumb.jpeg.79af0ba05452fef59be7ace4b4516e3d.jpeg

I will check on the system, I like how you installed the read out board. What is the hour meter for on your panel?

On my 01 Dynasty my sensors did not work when we purchased it. I tried the BioGeo method of tank cleaning which is using Boraxo and Dawn soap to clean sensors. It worked last year but on our first trip this year the sensors did not work and I will be ordering the SeeLevel system. I get nervous camping without gauges working properly,  and the DW does not appreciate doing dishes in dish pans because we are trying to conserve tank capacity.

Thanks to Rocketman3 for the ideas on mounting gauges. 

Edited by StephenW

15 minutes ago, sg47619 said:

I will check on the system, I like how you installed the read out board. What is the hour meter for on your panel?

That is my generator hour meter. 

In my rig - the original plate was about 1/8” aluminum. I could have cut the hole in the new plate exactly- but I thought it would have looked funny, Plus because I didn’t want to unplug the other wires I was using my Dremel tool while sitting on top of the passenger seat. So I just made the hole large enough for the wires and added a wood spacer to prevent the SeaLevel circuit board from hitting the aluminum of the original panel 

Cleaning the sensors rarely works.  I replaced the tank level sensors in our tanks.  Once you find them it's fairly easy to replace.  The key to locating the sensor is to follow the RJ11 telephone cable.  

Most of the time you can screw the sensor out by hand.  Add some Teflon tape to the new sensor and screw it in as tight as you can by hand.  Plug the telephone cord back into the sensor.

New sensors require calibrating using the Aladdin system setup.  They are pressure transducers so you are setting the sensor levels.  You need to set the empty level and then the full level.  This also is easy once you have done it. 

Links to new sensors:  https://shop.catconproducts.com/product.sc?productId=15&categoryId=2

http://www.nwrvsupply.com/product/16622728.html 

If you need the Aladdin tank level sensor calibration manual let me know?

Tank sensors.jpg