Engine cranks but will not start

I have a 2001 Monaco Dynasty with 8.3 CAPS Cummins.  Drove it a month ago parked it in garage, went out today and it will not start. Engine cranks over fine it just will not fire. Have a FASS fuel system installed and fuel pressure is reading 16 psi. Checked connection on ECM seems OK. I know these engines do not have a fuel shut off solenoid. Looking for suggestions on what to check next.

Does it seem to fire one cylinder each rotation? (you will get one puff of grey smoke each rotation) That's what mine did when the CAPS pump failed.

Tim 

Edited by Tim-AZ

Is it throwing any codes, either with a code reader or perhaps onboard diagnostic blinking lights up front like my cayman has?  I hope it’s not your high pressure pump like my no start condition was last year.  Pretty pricey pump. 

1 hour ago, BradHend said:

Is it throwing any codes, either with a code reader or perhaps onboard diagnostic blinking lights up front like my cayman has?  I hope it’s not your high pressure pump like my no start condition was last year.  Pretty pricey pump. 

X2

In the last year on the IRV2.com forum there have been a couple of instances of owners being able to diagnose similar problem and get their rigs back running. 

One recent one was the ECM bad, had to be replaced.

Another was the CAPS pump, there are a couple items that can cause problems.  The Transient Suppressor, this is mounted on the side of the engine below the caps pump.  The other two are the Fuel Stator, and the Fuel Control Valve.   Both are on the attached parts diagram that I downloaded from the Cummins Quickserve site, this is for my engine, yours may be different.

All of these can be diagnosed with the computer and insite program.  The problem is that Cummins is hesitant to replace just parts on the CAPS pump.  The individuals that were able to diagnose these types of problems were very persistent and knowledgeable, far beyond my skill set but I pay attention when problems like this come up and keep in my files. 

image.thumb.png.35c725ca1bfa51abcfbadc17f11df336.png