My ISL400 sits at 60 psi at highway speed.

I also use the SilverLeaf VMSpc system to monitor my engine. I discovered after our first long trip that the dash analog gauges were not accurate at all.

Edited by Dr4Film

The accuracy of the dash gauge is at best marginal.   I don't even look at it anymore.

I use a Silverleaf VMSpc to monitor engine and transmission.  I watch the oil pressure on my tablet.  It does run ~60psi at highway speed. I do have an alarm set up if drips below 18psi at idle. 

21 minutes ago, jjroxus said:

Not to hijack the post—-What is Silverleaf VM SPC?  I would like to use on my 2002 Signature.  What do I need?

The oil pressure on my Cummins 500 currently reads 60 at startup and drops to 30ish going down the road.

VMSpc – SilverLeaf Electronics

You would need to purchase the VMSpc control module with cables that matches the pin-out of your Engine Diagnostic Port located under your dash usually around the steering column somewhere and would also connect to your display choice.

Then you need a display either a PC Notebook or a tablet. I use a Dell 10-inch notebook.

First photo, SilverLeaf VMSpc in my current Dynasty, second photo is the SilverLeaf VMSpc in my previous Windsor. Third photo is the Engine Diagnostic Port. Mine happens to be a 6-pin.

SilverLeaf Dynasty-1.jpg

VMSpc-04.JPG

Engine Diagnostics Port-03.JPG

30 minutes ago, jjroxus said:

The oil pressure on my Cummins 500 currently reads 60 at startup and drops to 30ish going down the road.

You are within the M11/ISM spec. 60 is the maximum it can read, I get the same when cold. 10 psi at idle and 30 at 1200 RPM is the acceptable low. I typically see 36 psi on the road. It is a high volume, not high pressure system. I use Scangauge to confirm dash readings on fly, set to display RPM, coolant, engine oil temp and oil pressure. Then I carry Insite to check parameters as needed and adjust some, like a tire size, Jake cutoff and other that were wrong.

• Like 1

I had been using a small Sony Viao laptop for my Silverleaf but I lost communication to the Silverleaf so last year I bought a Microsoft Surface Go 2 Tablet, it lays flat on my stand and I can easily see it.  But it is harder to set up the display with only the touch (sensitive) screen.  I ended up using a mouse to be able do a better job but after it's set up your good to go.

One advantage to the Silverleaf is that you can monitor a number of different parameters at the same time, just depends on how much you want to display and the time you want to put into

Also, you can set up alarms for different things like low oil pressure, high temps, voltage etc. 

I haven't seen the results of using on a trip yet but I set up a Data Logging to monitor my transmission temp (along with engine temp, boost, voltage), I had been having trouble with higher temps and wanted to see how it tracks after I installed a transmission cooler but I haven't taken a trip to test yet.  If it works this is another good feature.

Silverleaf dispaly.jpg

Thanks Richard, Ivan and Jim. 

We are currently on our first adventure on our 2002 Signature after spending almost a year of upgrading. Left Punta Gorda four days ago and now in the mountains of South Carolina.

Cell coverage is slim where we are so just want to thank you all for the info.  When we get back to Florida in a few months I will be looking to get more engine monitoring ability. 

All The Best,

John J

2002 Signature 

I had Silverleaf on my previous Motorhome and really liked it. The only thing that was a negative to me is you have to use a windows based operating system and it’s hard wired.  Another alternative is a system called Blue Fire. I am looking into buying this for my Dynasty because it’s blue tooth(wireless) and can work off an IPad or Android. 

2 hours ago, Georgia Mike said:

I had Silverleaf on my previous Motorhome and really liked it. The only thing that was a negative to me is you have to use a windows-based operating system and it’s hard wired.  Another alternative is a system called Blue Fire. I am looking into buying this for my Dynasty because it’s blue tooth(wireless) and can work off an IPad or Android. 

Bluefire is the next bast alternative to the SilverLeaf based on other Monacoers members who have installed it.

BlueFire LLC (bluefire-llc.com)

However, for the older coaches that have the 6-pin diagnostic port you have to purchase an adapter to go from the 6-pin to a 9-pin as the 6-pin's are no longer available. That will be an additional $50.

The screen display is also completely different, so it is just a matter of personal choice which one to purchase.