Light help

Hello all. I have an 04 executive. The handle that says Monaco at the entry door does not light up. I was told it should. The is also one right near the passenger seat inside and one on the dash right as you go in. Any ideas what I can look for? Bulbs how do I access them? Thanks 

7 minutes ago, ph1386 said:

Hello all. I have an 04 executive. The handle that says Monaco at the entry door does not light up. I was told it should. The is also one right near the passenger seat inside and one on the dash right as you go in. Any ideas what I can look for? Bulbs how do I access them? Thanks 

Maybe no help.  But the lighted handles on the TriMark keypad entrance handles go out.  An ingenious ex Camelot owner pulled off his handle and found that the “neon”….we think, back then, light bulb was burned out.  Back then, you could go into a Radio Shack and find all sorts of replacements.  I think he used an LED and fixed it.

Best advice….disassemble and go cautiously.  Odds are, it or maybe 2, one at each end, are mounted in some sort of rubber or plastic boot.  If you can disassemble, then carefully measure and start looking on Amazon or  Newark  Electronics  or some other specialized sites…if you find the number, send it to Frankmformthe parts list.

Thanks 

If the handle is truly lighted it will have an LED bulb at one end of the fiberoptic handle. Some are at the top; others are at the bottom.

Remove all of the screws at each end to remove the handle. Gently pull the handle away from the coach while checking the wires making sure it has enough slack without damaging the wires.

Change out the bulb harness with a new one available here -  https://tinyurl.com/3xycdnyv

It may be cheaper from other vendors. Just search the Internet for other options.

My two interior assist handles near the entry door are NOT lighted. Only the one outside is on my Dynasty. My Windsor had the bulb located at the top of the outside handle. No lighted handles inside either.

Edited by Dr4Film

Just an FYI. My 2003 Windsor also had the lighted handle outside and the non-lighted one inside. My outside didn't light anymore (and it was looking really used and abused). So I was just going to put the better looking handle from the inside outside and wasn't worried about it being lighted. Well when I took the handle inside off to move it outside, it had wires just stuck inside it. I pulled them out, plugged them in and ....yep it has a light. I now have a great looking lighted Monaco handle outside. 

21 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

My two interior assist handles near the entry door are NOT lighted. Only the one outside is on my Dynasty. My Windsor had the buld located at the top of the outside handle. No lighted handles inside either.

Huh.  My 2006 Dynasty has all 3 lit.  (Snowflake Syndrome)

I bought a bundle of 100 leds in various colors with 12v resistors and pigtails for $10 or 15 bucks, kept the little reflectors and ditched the dinky circuit board.  Now I have blue on the outside handle, red by the steps, and white on the wall.  

3 hours ago, Pepperell said:

The other two inside may very well be lighted also but the bulbs may have failed. A project for this winter once we are back to our home in Florida.

3 hours ago, Pepperell said:

I bought a bundle of 100 leds in various colors with 12v resistors and pigtails for $10 or 15 bucks, kept the little reflectors and ditched the dinky circuit board.  Now I have blue on the outside handle, red by the steps, and white on the wall.  

This one needs a photo, please.

Thanks, Mike. This winter when we get back home, I will disassemble those two handles and replace the blown LED lamp harnesses with new ones.

I am also replacing the OEM porch light with an LED Motion Detection one exactly like the one that I installed on my Windsor.

I have a list of repairs and upgrades that I will be doing this winter. Fortunately, it isn't as long as the list was after driving the coach back from Salt Lake City.

Edited by Dr4Film

@Richard .. I was gong to ask you about the interior handrail. Whether it was illuminated or not. Also, the outside one that is illuminated is going to be replaced. The chrome cannot be redone on the bottom. Not expensive at all.

4 minutes ago, Lenny D said:

@Richard. I was going to ask you about the interior handrail. Whether it was illuminated or not. Also, the outside one that is illuminated is going to be replaced. The chrome cannot be redone on the bottom. Not expensive at all.

The fiberoptic assist handrail inside was an upgrade as there wasn't one installed there. The one outside has the LED bulb at the top. The LED Motion activated Porch Light and the outside lighted handrail are both on the same switch located inside the entry door.