HWH dead

I went over today to bring the Coach home for a trip and on start up the Hwh panel was dead. The air pressure gauges on the dash came up to the correct pressure but the air bags didn’t air up. I pressed the on off button and travel mode many times and nothing. No lights on panel. I restarted the engine and still nothing then I put it in Drive and released the air brake and I heard a click under the dash and the green travel light came on and everything was fine. This hasn’t happened before so Im kind of concerned heading out for a trip. When I got to the house the key pad powered on and off just fine no problems. Has this happened to anyone before…maybe just a rare occurrence?

Morning, i dont know if this helps, however mine had a intermintent on/off switch, as i was installing my FASS system i stumbled on the connections at the pump that had mass amounts of green💩 where the two halfs come together, so i seperated them then used “electrical grease” an put them back together, they worked fine for little over a year, now there starting to act up again. So i suspect possable type of connectors are not made to be able to “tighten” the connecting halfs so i may just upgrade the style of connectors.

3 hours ago, Georgia Mike said:

I went over today to bring the Coach home for a trip and on start up the Hwh panel was dead. The air pressure gauges on the dash came up to the correct pressure but the air bags didn’t air up. I pressed the on off button and travel mode many times and nothing. No lights on panel. I restarted the engine and still nothing then I put it in Drive and released the air brake and I heard a click under the dash and the green travel light came on and everything was fine. This hasn’t happened before so Im kind of concerned heading out for a trip. When I got to the house the key pad powered on and off just fine no problems. Has this happened to anyone before…maybe just a rare occurrence?

You will probably have to open the control panel in the center compartment and see if the first 15 amp fuse is blown. That’s what happened to my 01 Dysnsty

I don’t have hydraulic jacks just the air leaving system.  I don’t think it would be a blown fuse since it came on and has been working ok. I did hear that click under the dash so I assume there must be a relay under there that might be lazy or if the pad itself might be going bad. I was just wondering if anyone had a intermittent dead pad and found the issue.

4 minutes ago, Georgia Mike said:

I don’t have hydraulic jacks just the air leaving system.  I don’t think it would be a blown fuse since it came on and has been working ok. I did hear that click under the dash so I assume there must be a relay under there that might be lazy or if the pad itself might be going bad. I was just wondering if anyone had a intermittent dead pad and found the issue.

Ok mine is air bags also  

20 hours ago, Georgia Mike said:

I was just wondering if anyone had a intermittent dead pad and found the issue.

I had all kinds of intermittent issues when we got the coach. From nothing working to leveling self activating while driving. I had buttons that were intermittent on or off. Eventually I replaced all the push buttons on the touchpad and secured the connecting cable on both of it's sides. That fixed it. The cable likes to shake loose below the pad as it just hangs down.

On 7/29/2022 at 7:33 AM, Georgia Mike said:

Mike,

Is your salesman switch on?   Last time I chased down that issue someone had turned off the switch by the door.   The air leveling on our coaches appears to get power from the house side.

Granville Barker

Thanks for the replies. My salesman is on and it has been working fine since the one time issue. I think what Ivan said about loose connections  on the touch pad is where I am going to start looking if I have the problem again. Leaving today on a trip so hopefully I won’t have any problems.

Contact Paul at AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is pfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message.

He has helped others, including me, on this forum and I am sure he can help you.

I second the suggestion to check the connections on the back side of the pad, as there have been several reports of them shaking loose over the years. The pad should be easy to remove with four screws (careful, as the dash plate might be brittle). I would pull each connection, spray with contact cleaner, and reattach. If any are spade lugs, might have to squeeze them ever so slightly with pliers to tighten the connection.

in addition, you should have a master HWH reset in the front run bay outside the driver’s position. Ours is mounted on the upper right corner of that compartment. It has a kind of fault light and a reset button. I’ve had to check that a couple of times when the system didn’t seem to activate, usually after some sort of electrical glitch.

I also replaced the dash pad once when I could feel the momentary switches start to act sloppy. I think I got the replacement off eBay, but might have bought it direct from HWH. Their support is like molasses in January but the parts folks seem reasonable if you can get a number from the existing pad.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 8:02 AM, veraken said:

Contact Paul at AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is pfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message.

He has helped others, including me, on this forum and I am sure he can help you.

Thanks for that information. That will be a great resource to have.