Bay Refrigerator/freezer

Carnac

I'm thinking of adding a bay refrigerator/freezer to our new to us 2003 Monaco Dynasty Jack (38').

What brand and size are used by the manufacturer (Monaco) when providing this option?

I see that I have power in the bay - standard outlet.

Experiences with bay refrigerator/freezers? How do you mount? Do you loose all access to the bay from the side the refrigerator is located (I have two pass through bays with sliding trays). DW thinks it would be nice to have, I agree, but don't want too many down sides. With our 38' mh and a tag axle, not as much storage under the mh as a non-tag.

The Dynasty Jack is a two slide only unit - both open to the driver's side, so the camping (passenger) side of the mh doesn't have any slide-outs to interfere with bay usage.

Thanks - Jim and Sue

• 2 months later...

Jim,  What do you have inside the coach?  If you do not have a residential refrigerator yet, I would do that first, then consider if you need the extra freezer.  When we converted to the Samsung RF18 in our Windsor, we have both sufficient freezer and refrigerator storage, unless you are full timing perhaps.   Then you may need the extra freezer space, but you loose basement storage, which we fill up as pack rats, and we have a 41' coach.   We take too many toys with us when we travel.  Beach stuff, mostly.

• Like 1

For 5 years I had a dometic 2 door fridge/freezer in the basement of my Dutchstar on a slide out tray.  When I bought my Windsor in April, I could not transfer it over as it was too tall for the bay door. It truly allowed us to carry much more frozen foods. Which in several cases was a plus. Is it a necessary tool? Probably not but very handy to have. Definitely need to have it on a tray as the weight would be prohibitive accessing from the bay. 

• Like 1

We have a residential inside (factory install) and added an Engle on the basement tray.  When the Engle is running as a freezer, it about doubles our boondocking electric load.  The Engle is used to carry a lot of frozen meat for when we cook several meals for a large group.

On 10/26/2022 at 8:14 AM, Steven P said:

@Paul A., is it you that have added a fridge, freezer?

I apologize for this late reply. I have been fighting a very bad cold. 12V  DC or 120V AC It was flawless during the 8 of 10 years full timing that we had it. It was a combination fridge-freezer. We used it as a freezer. 

20007 Exec Exterior 016.JPG

20007 Exec Exterior 015.JPG

Thanks everyone. My main issues with the usefulness or reliability, but how to use without losing all my slide out bay storage. If I put the unit on the bay slider, I will only be able to access additional stored stuff from the other side (I have two slide out pass-through bays).

I could add the refrigerator to driver's side of the bay, but that would be much less convent.

Thanks again for all the info so far.

Jim