Slide seals

Is the part that is torn, part of a bulb seal, or a flat glued-on wiper seal?  It is hard to tell from your photo.

If it is a flat glue on wiper seal, here are some part numbers for you.  And, buying through Colaw is less than half the price from REV Group. 

BBD8C748-DA98-47C0-959F-E3F38345720D.jpeg

That is a double bulb seal. We only use seals from Uni Grip. We dropped Steele rubber because of failures and fitment issues.

Uni-Grip produces a high quality seal. We buy hundreds of feet of double bulb seals at a time because our work is predominately on Monaco brand coaches. Since you own an executive I can tell you to be sure to buy a bottle of advil for your hands afterwards. The higher up the food chain in regards to Monaco coaches the harder seal replacements are. The Dynastys, Exec's and Sigs have very tight slid/side wall clearances making seal replacement difficult. Don't be surprised if you invent some brand new curse words during the project.

One trick is to steal a flat wooden spoon from your wife's kitchen drawer to help push the seal into place. If your wife catches you, blame it on me. The list is long and distinguished of the women who want to choke me for being a bad influence on their husbands. Kind of reminds me of the time I suggested to a husband to use the dishwasher to clean some parts. That scored me some points with his wife. 🙂 Good luck. Replacing seals on the higher end coaches can be a miserable job. Your hands will ache for days afterwards.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

If you haven't fixed it yet, is it just torn in 1 place and the rest is there (can't tell in pic) then you could try mending it w a 3M adhesive and a patch of a similar material.  Won't last as long as new, but may can buy you some time. 

10 hours ago, Steven P said:

If you haven't fixed it yet, is it just torn in 1 place and the rest is there (can't tell in pic) then you could try mending it w a 3M adhesive and a patch of a similar material.  Won't last as long as new, but may can buy you some time. 

Steve is right. We have mended some seals using 3M body adhesive. It is great stuff.

I do need to add that I am proud of my dear friend Steve for being right. Being right is typically not found in veterinarians and is almost non existent in Mississippi State graduates. Steve and Scotty are perfect examples.......I rest my case.........lol......:) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@throgmartin. At least you admitted I'm right!   That's step 1!   Let me know when you're ready for step 2!  BTW, when I neuter you, it's not reversible!  🤣🤣

Guest Ray Davis
1 hour ago, throgmartin said:

Steve is right. We have mended some seals using 3M body adhesive. It is great stuff.

Can you be a little more specific about 3M body adhesive, what to look for, and the best way to prep & apply on a seal?

@Ray Davis Chris knows his stuff so I'm sure that 3M is a great product. However, when I mended 2 different size wiper blades together I used Loctite 495 per his tech, Dustin's recommendation.  That was almost 2.5 years ago and still holding strong. 

FB_IMG_1662926682248.jpg

Guest Ray Davis
4 hours ago, throgmartin said:
42 minutes ago, Steven P said:

Chris knows his stuff so I'm sure that 3M is a great product. However, when I mended 2 different size wiper blades together I used Loctite 495 per his tech, Dustin's recommendation.  That was almost 2.5 years ago and still holding strong. 

Aw right,  thanks to both of you I'll try repairing mine.

1 hour ago, ph1386 said:

Can anyone tell me if I need to hyperextended my slide to replace slide seal?

I believe I had mine almost fully extended maybe about 4 or so inches short of being fully out.  I had a double bulb wiper blade. 

12 hours ago, ph1386 said:

Can anyone tell me if I need to hyperextended my slide to replace slide seal?

I believe I had mine almost fully extended maybe about 4 or so inches short of being fully out.  I had a double bulb wiper blade.

I should also mention Steele Rubber has good videos on their website.  I don't know why it's making me repost the whole thing again. 

Edited by Steven P

On 8/28/2022 at 6:40 AM, throgmartin said:

That is a double bulb seal. We only use seals from Uni Grip. We dropped Steele rubber because of failures and fitment issues.

Uni-Grip produces a high quality seal. We buy hundreds of feet of double bulb seals at a time because our work is predominately on Monaco brand coaches. Since you own an executive I can tell you to be sure to buy a bottle of advil for your hands afterwards. The higher up the food chain in regards to Monaco coaches the harder seal replacements are. The Dynastys, Exec's and Sigs have very tight slid/side wall clearances making seal replacement difficult. Don't be surprised if you invent some brand new curse words during the project.

One trick is to steal a flat wooden spoon from your wife's kitchen drawer to help push the seal into place. If your wife catches you, blame it on me. The list is long and distinguished of the women who want to choke me for being a bad influence on their husbands. Kind of reminds me of the time I suggested to a husband to use the dishwasher to clean some parts. That scored me some points with his wife. 🙂 Good luck. Replacing seals on the higher end coaches can be a miserable job. Your hands will ache for days afterwards.

Where is your shop located? In case my seals decide to leak.

@Guardian74 i highly recommend Chris and his team.  Great people and great work.  We did a combo family Disney trip there.  Left the coach w them for the week while we had a family Disney vacation. They are only about 1.5 hours from Disney.  But many people stay in their coach on-site at Chris's shop. 

I have lost track of the number of slide seals we have replaced on Monaco's. We currently have 2 coaches on our lot having this work done. I have posted on here before about the difficulty of replacing slide seals on the higher end Monaco coaches. Dynastys, Exec's and Sigs have very tight clearances between the slide sidewall and coach wall. Replacing seals on these coaches are not fun and requires a lot of Ibuprofen for the pain in your hands. 🙂

We have a few other tricks we use. One is lubing the new slide seals well with aerospace 303 right after replacing the seals. This allows the seal to break in without grabbing the slides side wall and working loose. On some coaches we have had to apply 3m adhesive to the crimp. It all depends on many factors - clearance issues, the slide being out of square in the coach wall, etc. I have seen some slides out of whack in regards to squareness and being un-level that the clearances in one spot pinches the wiper seal and pops the crimp off the flange of the slide opening. Most slide seal jobs go smoothly but there are always those few coaches whose slides creates headaches and requires slide adjustments being made to square the slide and level it for a proper seal fit and ensure a proper functioning wiper seal.

• 1 month later...

I have a slide seal on my 2007 Camelot that keeps tucking under and I have to pull it out by hand. It's the bottom seal on the curb side big kitchen living room slide. I want to buy some grip tape but not sure what width to get. Also it's ripped from start to about 6 inches from the corner on one side so I'm sure I'll eventually have to replace it. How do you replace this and what do I buy?

20221022_134746.jpg

20221022_133250.jpg

Also, my bedroom wardrobe slide has no bottom seal and I see no sign that it ever had one. Is this normal?

20221022_140036.jpg

20221022_140058.jpg

@FishAR you can mend the torn seal to buy some time.  I used 2" 3m nonskid tape for my seals and it works pretty good.  Contact Steele Rubber and AP Products and look at what yours compares to and ask for samples.  

• Thanks 1