Combo washer/dryer removal

saflyer
Go to solution Solved by klcdenver,

I’m thinking of removing our combo washer/dryer. We never use it. My question is about dealing with the hoses. The unit is in the far aft of my coach on the driver side. I assume the hoses lead to the hot and cold water lines on the passenger side. The kitchen sink, shower and bathroom lavatory are amidship on that side. I’d like T o keep the hoses in place in case we decide to reinstall the washer but not have to winterize them in the meantime.I’m wondering if it would be reasonable to have on/off valves installed in the washer/dryer hot and cold lines where they connect to the main water feeds. Any thoughts?

Ed.          
’05 HR Ambassador

the manobloc system usually has cut offs for each line at the central distribution area.  You could disconnect the lines at the system and leave them in place, but they would be completely drained and not subject to freezing, etc.  All of this assuming your coach has the system???  Not familiar with the Ambassador.

11 minutes ago, Jim Bob said:

the manobloc system usually has cut offs for each line at the central distribution area.  You could disconnect the lines at the system and leave them in place, but they would be completely drained and not subject to freezing, etc.  All of this assuming your coach has the system???  Not familiar with the Ambassador.

Great. I’ll find out if mine has the manobloc. I know about the valves in the lines at the washer/dryer. Hope there are some at the line origins.

Thanks

I'm curious how you are going to muscle that heavy thing out. Ours is in the bathroom and would require removing the macerator toilet which is a simple ten minute job but getting that heavy thing out and through the front door is a bit daunting.

Maybe some kind of motorcycle lift?

19 minutes ago, myrontruex said:

I'm curious how you are going to muscle that heavy thing out. Ours is in the bathroom and would require removing the macerator toilet which is a simple ten minute job but getting that heavy thing out and through the front door is a bit daunting.

I’m paying the shop. But I did get my residential refrigerator in through the door with the help of a friend.

Ed

Ambassadors are probably too low on the totem pole for a manabloc. Ambassadors are equal to Knight’s and mine came with shut off valves.

On 10/17/2022 at 11:17 PM, Gary M said:

Ambassadors are probably too low on the totem pole for a manabloc. Ambassadors are equal to Knight’s and mine came with shut off valves.

Shutoff valves at the washer connection end or where they connect to the main water line under the coach? I’ve opened a side panel to see my tanks and mist of the plumbing. It’s a lot more complicated than you’d think. If it’s very expensive to isolate the water lines I probably won’t do it. Fact is except in winters lake the last two my hangar, where I store the coach, stays warm enough to not winterize. Usually I only winterize if the RV has to go to the shop for repairs in late fall. 

10 hours ago, saflyer said:

Shutoff valves at the washer connection end or where they connect to the main water line under the coach? I’ve opened a side panel to see my tanks and mist of the plumbing. It’s a lot more complicated than you’d think. If it’s very expensive to isolate the water lines I probably won’t do it. Fact is except in winters lake the last two my hangar, where I store the coach, stays warm enough to not winterize. Usually I only winterize if the RV has to go to the shop for repairs in late fall. 

I luckily have the plumbing diagrams for my coach. Both Pex and hard plumbing.

IF you have the EMS system with load shedding you may need to leave the breaker on for the washer/dryer. The EMS can get confused if it does not see the signal from that leg of the power.

I recently did work on mine and turned the breaker off. The EMS began clicking. It is the load shedding relay/s inside the main breaker panel. No damage, just a design feature of the EMS. It uses that line/breaker feed to satisfy itself. It would be possible to move that sense line but no need to go into that right now.

You would not notice the quirk while on generator or 30 amp shoreline. 

2 hours ago, myrontruex said:

IF you have the EMS system with load shedding you may need to leave the breaker on for the washer/dryer. The EMS can get confused if it does not see the signal from that leg of the power.

I recently did work on mine and turned the breaker off. The EMS began clicking. It is the load shedding relay/s inside the main breaker panel. No damage, just a design feature of the EMS. It uses that line/breaker feed to satisfy itself. It would be possible to move that sense line but no need to go into that right now.

You would not notice the quirk while on generator or 30 amp shoreline. 

Good to know. Thanks

On 10/17/2022 at 8:34 PM, myrontruex said:

It wasn’t that difficult. Two people could muscle it out but we had room to get it from the cabinet, through the coach and down the steps with a dolly.