Aqua Hot electric heater not coming on.

rschley
Go to solution Solved by SteveC,

• Solution

I have yet to find an AquaHot heating element that has failed. There are so many other possible faults that need to be checked out first. I suggest downloading the service manual for your model unit and follow the troubleshooting guide. https://www.aquahot.com/Library.aspx

If you are not running a long extension cord I believe 20A is enough (nothing else powered).

Good luck.

1658674549733-1.thumb.JPEG.b7782207e1963b6782308ab86a24d968.JPEGI agree with Steve on making sure everything else is working correctly and you have suffencient power , but my element failed. Even the Aquahot sales rep told me he had never heard of an element failing. I have proof.....lol. The only conclusion he and I came to on this is because at some point the water level had gotten too low and the element overheated......funny thing is , it still worked even ruptured. The only way I found it was because it would slightly shock me when I touched the actual "boiler".1658674092292-1.thumb.JPEG.a8368acce913e7a64b36320337c17e2a.JPEG

1658674121192-1.JPEG

Edited by Flyinhy

5 hours ago, Flyinhy said:

1658674549733-1.thumb.JPEG.b7782207e1963b6782308ab86a24d968.JPEGI agree with Steve on making sure everything else is working correctly and you have suffencient power , but my element failed. Even the Aquahot sales rep told me he had never heard of an element failing. I have proof.....lol. The only conclusion he and I came to on this is because at some point the water level had gotten too low and the element overheated......funny thing is , it still worked even ruptured. The only way I found it was because it would slightly shock me when I touched the actual "boiler".1658674092292-1.thumb.JPEG.a8368acce913e7a64b36320337c17e2a.JPEG

1658674121192-1.JPEG

If low boiler fluid level took out your element, you had one serious leak at some point!

I was having trouble with no heat last fall. It showed low boiler fluid but when I took the cap off it wad full. Wound up fluid flute level gage had broken off. I used the time to change all sensors, float sensor, and heating element. My old element was working but when I pulled it out it looked like garbage compared to the new one. 
good luck 

pb

First and easiest push the low voltage reset button on the control panel in AquaHot bay.   Use a non conductive stick.  Mixed drink small straw works great.  You are pushing on a micro switch on a PC board so be easy, should feel a little click.  Not instant heat, takes an hour plus depending on which AQ model you have.

Please post a coach year and model in your signature line for better answers, and WELCOME  😀

Edited by Twomed

On 10/21/2022 at 10:04 PM, rschley said:

I am running on 20 amp power with the Monaco 2005 parked at my home. AQ panel shows no heat from electric element. Is the unit under powered or does the element need replacing?  

https://www.grainger.com/product/2E754?gucid=N:N:PS:Paid:GGL:CSM-2295:4P7A1P:20501231&gclid=CjwKCAjw79iaBhAJEiwAPYwoCLh4YUoCr26uzGmBOLETCQCagwvr4YbIlv_m1TDfw1YLpBnfOvytcBoCkM4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I am running 50 amp service to my coach.  Two evenings ago the scent of plastic melting woke me up. I was running on the AquaHot electrical element and the hydronic unit in the bedroom lost power and would not respond to the thermostat.  I shut everything down and waited until dawn to see what the cause was.  In the morning the first check was the fuse panel. I had been using the AC/Heat Pumps for heat and the breakers wired to the control board ends at the panel were melting the surrounding terminal connections.   I was convinced I found the issue and replaced the 12AWG wire with number 8 AWG.   The breaker wiring to the AH electrical element looked fine but although the panel switch light was on there was no hot water or heat.  So I was convinced that the smell was from the a blown element.  I read what everyone said about the element but I was still thinking it must be it. But when you think of it, wouldn't the high limit thermostat, positioned above the element if it does its job, shut down the electricity before the element overheats and ruptures?  So I can see why the AquaHot techs would take the position that it wouldn't necessarily be the element. When I took mine apart the damaged item was the Zetter power relay. Everything else checked out fine. I temporally bypassed the relay to make sure, and got hot water and heat.  Replacement relay is on the way.  Although I now understand there is a new electromechanical retrofit kit, but this one held up for 20 years so I will give it a second chance.

HydroHot2.thumb.jpg.e1780c7bec8a2285b2615dc529d41252.jpghydroHot1.thumb.jpg.d52464c4257c027a1b2352d10cd2e0e3.jpg