Passenger seat problem 2007 Monaco Knight

Hello,

I have a 2007 Monaco Knight with a co-pilot issue.  All functions work correctly except for forward and backward movement.  It is only working on one track.  The I do have the chair out and can see that the worm screw on one side is moving but not the other when pushing the button.

Thank you for taking time to look at this issue.

Tim

IMG_4786.jpeg

It looks like the bottom motor is being used???

It also looks like it has a shaft out of each end ????

Could have counter rotating screws so it could use the same direction on the motor.

1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

I don't know exactly how these seats work. Possibly one motor is working and one is not? Does one motor run one side rail and the other motor works the other?

Only throwing out some guesses.

No there is only motor for that function.  Thanks

1 hour ago, myrontruex said:

It looks like the bottom motor is being used???

It also looks like it has a shaft out of each end ????

Could have counter rotating screws so it could use the same direction on the motor.

There is only one motor for this.  Please see video.  Thanks for the help.

Sure looks like a broken shaft on the motor, or connection.

A longer and more close up of the left side of the motor would help. 

Looks like the shaft is inside a tube to each side? I would assume it to be a single shaft left to right and either broken (as mentioned earlier) on the left portion or the left gear box is out. Can't tell what is the piece on left of the motor looking like a spring or thread?

Sorry, didn't know there was a video. Looks like the right side worm gear is working till it binds the left side seat slide. The left worm gear isn't transferring the rotation of the left side worm gear from the motor to the left longer shaft. A bad transfer gear box? Hope it makes sense.

Gary 05 AMB DST

Edited by Gary 05 AMB DST
better explanation

• 1 month later...

I have a 2006 Monaco Knight with the opposite problem. All seat functions work but for the foot rest. Have confirmed the motor is huffed.  Anyone know where to find a replacement motor?

Thanks 

Tom McLoughlin

2006 Monaco Knight

Dublin, OH

Hi Tom,

Just to verify, when you push the foot rests button you do not hear the motor?  It is located on the back portion of the seat.  If you do hear the motor, I would say that is not your problem now that I have been through a rebuild on this seat.