WARNING!! I40 IS A DANGEROUS ROAD

JUST MADE THE 80 MILE TRIP FROM KINGMAN, AZ TO ASH FORK, AZ (THE PRESCOTT, AZ TURNOFF).  I 40 LOOKS LIKE  A BOMBING TEST RANGE.  THERE ARE POT HOLES IN MOSTLY THE OUTSIDE LANE.  THEY RANGE FROM 1'" DEEP TO 4" DEEP.  ONE FOOT ACROSS TO OVER 5 FOOT.  THERE ARE OVER 30,000 TRUCKS AND CARS  TRAVELING THIS SECTION OF I40.  I WONDER WHAT ARIZONA IS DOING WITH ALL THE FEDERAL HIGHWAY TAX MONEY THAT IS EARMARKED TO MAINTAIN OUR INTERSTATE HIGHWAYS.  SPOTTED A SIGN THAT READ "ROUGH ROAD FOR THE NEXT 5 MILES".  I GUESS THIS IS THEIR WAY OF REPAIRING THE ROAD BY PUTTING UP A SIGN.  MADE THIS SAME TRIP A MONTH AGO AND SAW WORKMEN POURING COLD ASPHALT INTO A HOLE OVER 4" DEEP.  I GUESS THIS WAS THEIR WAY OF MAKING A REPAIR.  ON THAT TRIP I SAW 4 CARS ALONG SIDE THE ROAD WITH 1 OR 2 FLATS WAITING FOR TOW TRUCKS.  I HOPE SOMEONE FROM THE FEDERAL D.O.T. READS THIS AND  STARTS ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE "WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING?"

THE OUTBOARD LANE ON I40 IS NOT SAFE TO DRIVE A MOTORHOME IN!!

• Like 1

We were warned about this road being terrible going east from Kingman to Ash Fork so last fall we drove the old Route 66 and it was a good drive.  Last spring we drove I-40 going west and don't remember the road being bad.

Patricia Neuzil

'06 Diplomat

Edited by sheena154
wrong interstate listed

I40 has always been bad the Arizona portion of the road Stinks. We took the 40 in 21 n it was Hell ! And we are based out of Southern California. 

guys.  great info, but don't morph this into a political discussion about how one official or governing body is doing thing all right or wrong and such.  

Thanks for posting the road condition information. It helps many of the rest of us in planning when going through such areas. Posting of the Route 66 alternate is equally helpful.

• Like 2

Also take heed that US 93 is rated as 1 of the most dangerous hiways in the country from Las Vegas south. I have not traveled the new INTERSTATE that is supposed to improve safety along that route.

Wayne K 95 exec

7 minutes ago, welleking said:

Also take heed that US 93 is rated as 1 of the most dangerous hiways in the country from Las Vegas south. I have not traveled the new INTERSTATE that is supposed to improve safety along that route.

Wayne K 95 exec

Is it because of the winds? Drove it couple of years ago but other than crazy wind gusts would not know why. Had to stop and tie the awning as it wanted to unroll on driver side going towards Las Vegas. 

• Like 1