Remote Oil filter

Go to solution Solved by snoracer,

1 hour ago, snoracer said:

Has anyone installed a remote oil filter and /or a bypass oil filter system on a cummins ISL?   Sure would be nice to have it in an easier to change location. 

Your so right I’ve thought about it on my 01 Monaco Dynasty 350 Cummins, I get it all over me. 😢

3 hours ago, TommyL said:

My arm isn’t long enough to reach it laying down, and not enough room to set up. I do take a hammer and chisel under with me ,punch a hole in the filter an let it drain before removing.

👍

4 hours ago, TommyL said:

My arm isn’t long enough to reach it laying down, and not enough room to set up. I do take a hammer and chisel under with me ,punch a hole in the filter an let it drain before removing.

LOL!

Yep, that last 1/4 turn is scary! Your not sure if your going to be wearing black engine oil, or not 😂!

I try to set the height of the rear of my coach 'just right' so I can reach laying on my back.

Edited by 96 EVO

57 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

Some one on this site has done that. Recent post. You might visit NAPA for some options. 

Thanks Paul A.  I tried doing a search for posts about this but had no luck.  Do you have a link for that post?  

While I don't have an ISL and will not do it to ours, Cummins apparently used to produce the adapter for it. Not a bypass filter. Would make sense for marine applications. I could not find a new part for sale but here is a reference with part numbers for the most important piece, unless you already have one in mind. Piecing the remaining parts should not be that hard. I have a remote setup on an engine that used to see new oil every weekend but for once a year oil change, I will not make much effort and take a chance with additional leak points.

Actually, search for  3899624 brings some hits.

Screenshot_20230319_124547_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Ivan K

• Solution

Thanks Ivan, I think that might be just what I'm looking for. 

44 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

While I don't have an ISL and will not do it to ours, Cummins apparently used to produce the adapter for it. Not a bypass filter. Would make sense for marine applications. I could not find a new part for sale but here is a reference with part numbers for the most important piece, unless you already have one in mind. Piecing the remaining parts should not be that hard. I have a remote setup on an engine that used to see new oil every weekend but for once a year oil change, I will not make much effort and take a chance with additional leak points.

Actually, search for  3899624 brings some hits.

Screenshot_20230319_124547_Chrome.jpg

4 hours ago, snoracer said:

Dr4Film - I've seen that post before, but as I originally posted, I'm looking for info on relocating the oil filter.  

OMG! My mistake! I should get my readers replaced or have my head examined. I totally misread your post. My apologies! 😇

On 3/18/2023 at 2:19 PM, snoracer said:

Has anyone installed a remote oil filter and /or a bypass oil filter system on a cummins ISL?   Sure would be nice to have it in an easier to change location. 

I use this along with a 12" long, 1/2" socket drive extension. 
It allows me to easily "relocate" my filter to the garage floor😊

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LT64XB1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1