Aqua Hot new boiler install

vito.a
Go to solution Solved by vito.a,

I had a very good friend give me a complete working Aqua-Hot after he had installed an Espar RV Coach Hydronic System into his second coach.

I sent the Webasto to John Carrillo to completely rebuild it. I then took the C-Wire Harness and installed a connector about halfway on the harness.  Now when service is performed the tech can remove the Webasto and install the rebuilt one. Then, sometime later I will have the used Webasto rebuilt by John and install the same connector into the C-Wire Harness. That way the service tech will not have to get into the Thermostat compartment to change out the Webasto. He can simply disconnect the C-Wire Harness to remove the Webasto.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Our Aqua Hot system is finally working better than new.  I sent the diesel burner to John Carrillo and he rebuilt and sent it back in two days.  The internal clutch was broken.  John installed a 5-year kit with new bearings, new clutch, new wire harness, new fuel hoses, new grommets, new ignitors, and calibrated and adjusted everything.  He also tested my electronic controller.  The cost was only about half what others charge and the unit looks like new.  

To make R&R easier, I installed a spade connector on the red wire going to the relay.   This relay has three +12v wires attached to a single tiny screw and it is tough to work on.  This way I just detach a spade connector.  

After installation it fired up within 20 seconds and burns clean and hot.   Our night time temps dropped into the 30's and it ran on and off all night and kept the coach warm and we had plenty of hot water in the morning.  

Hindsight, I should have sent the diesel burner into John when I first removed the old boiler.  

This new boiler works much better than the old one.  The new AC electric element will actually produce enough heat for a shower!  The old one was only good for a few dishes.  This boiler also holds the heat much longer.  I run the diesel burner one cycle at about 4am and it makes enough heat for a shower and hot water all day.  

Thanks to everyone that contributed advice.  

Diesel burner after rebuild.jpg

Edited by vito.a
  • Like 3