No 4 way Emergency Flashers

They don’t work at all, or only when you depress the brake pedal? 
if it’s the latter, that is by design on the older systems.  Mine is that way and I don’t like it. 

Check there flasher first if you can find it... However, I had this same problem and it was a relay in the right rear bay under a plastic cover.   I swapped it with another that was known to be working and viola', problem solved.  Check your wiring diagram and if there is a relay, it should show where it is located.  If you don't have a wiring diagram, there should be a large label on the inside of the cover describing what each relay is for.  Note that the relay could also be under the front driver side bay.  

Edited by Steve P

I was in Spain when I called my wife, she had been getting the coach ready for a trip and said she could get the emergency flashers to work so she took it to Camping World to get it fixed.  I told her to immediately go get the the rig, they would not be able to fix it without spending $$$$.  Still cost ~$150.  I told her that if something happen use the emergency flashers on the Jeep.

ASAP when I was home I tried to troubleshoot, you could pull out the button for the flashers and nothing, no sound, no flash.  All fuses good etc.

Later whenever I was working on the rig I'd reach up and pull the switch.  One day they worked, I could hear the clicking.  So I dove into the front dash and ended up finding the flasher relay laying loose in the mass of wiring (ya, Camping World would have found that).  The turn signal flasher was also laying there.  So I pulled the emergency flasher relay off the harness, went to Autozone and bought a replacement and it has worked ever since.

Only advice I can give is track down the turn signal flasher relay and see if you can find the emergency flasher.

• 2 weeks later...

Changed both flasher units under the dash (had to be somewhat of a contortionist).  No luck.  Going to check for separate relay and find the fuse then go over wiring.  Really strange, turn signals and brake lights work.  Headlight high beams don't but low beams do!  Thanks again for all the helpful advice.

Do you have a third relay perhaps dedicated for the flashers like my Cayman does? 
just went and confirmed mine. A relay for left turn signal, a relay for right turn signal, and a third relay, just above and behind the accelerator pedal that pulses with hazard lights on, which is in the picture.
My four way flashers do not operate if the brake pedal is depressed at all as well.

464B7D72-1435-4F7E-A154-FF783CDA60B5.jpeg

Edited by BradHend

Thanks, I will check.  MH is in storage right now, won't be able to get to it until later next week.  I found 2 relays, one for the flashers and one for the turn signals.  Both OK.  Checked fuse in front compartment and it was good.  Will check switch and wiring next.

The 4 way flasher has its own fuse.  Mine is in the outside front compartment in one of the smaller fuse boxes.  The black boxes have a diagram marking where the different fuses are and their amp.  Thats where mine is and I have a 2002 Diplomat.