HWH wont go into travel mode

I have the HWH levelling system on my 2000 Monaco Executive and it will not go into travel mode.  It will level the coach and raise and lower but will not go into travel.  Tried the reset in the manual and it still doesn't go into travel mode.  What might be the problem?  

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Is it just that the green LED is not ON or are the airbags not looking right either? I probably have same HWH600 as you do, given the year and had the green light going OFF randomly but coach was still aired up right as far as I could tell. I knew that the Auto button was flaky so I replaced all switches and no such problem since.

BTW, it does not sound right to have to release park brake just to get into ride hight mode. As soon as I turn the key, the coach goes into ride hight unless I hit the level button again. Your HWH Auto button could be stuck. Easy replacement as mentioned above.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tmw188 said:

Did you try to dump all the air and then start it up and see if it goes to Travel mode?

Yes, I have tried this to no avail.

10 hours ago, Ivan K said:

Is it just that the green LED is not ON or are the airbags not looking right either? I probably have same HWH600 as you do, given the year and had the green light going OFF randomly but coach was still aired up right as far as I could tell. I knew that the Auto button was flaky so I replaced all switches and no such problem since.

BTW, it does not sound right to have to release park brake just to get into ride hight mode. As soon as I turn the key, the coach goes into ride hight unless I hit the level button again. Your HWH Auto button could be stuck. Easy replacement as mentioned above.

When I start it up it does not go into travel mode and I have driven it and it will stay in the position it was in when I levelled it, which can be way off.  I can level it on a level surface and then raise the coach and it drives ok, but that is only if I have a level surface to start with. 

16 hours ago, Ivan K said:

Also the green travel mode light on mine won't come on if the tag axle is lifted.

On 7/12/2023 at 7:30 AM, Texomaman73 said:

On 7/13/2023 at 9:24 AM, Ivan K said:

Have you checked fuses in the controller box? We are on the move today so little busy to look at schematics. Not sure if a fuse would effect the green light from coming on but could stop the solenoids from functioning.

I pulled all the fuses associated with levelling, hwh, and tag axle and all checked good, I did clean all the tangs on the fuses as they were somewhat corroded.  I took the hwh control panel out and cleaned any corrosion I found but it didn't look like any of it had crossed electrical connections and I blew out all the dust and debris.  When I tried after this, I noticed that I never get a green light on the hwh panel, not during start up or when I turn the air on or level the coach, I also don't get a light on my tag axle switch when I engage it. 

I called hwh and to get someone from service to call you back there is a month and a half waiting list, which I am now on, lol!  I asked them what the cost would be to replace the touch pad and the brain below it and they weren't much help either, they just said to send it in and if the cost was going to be more then $300 they would call and ask what I wanted to do.  Anything else I might try,  Is this the same touchpad that ya'll have?  IMG_6603.jpg.e4aa3b3038181e8f9ba9225441dd6fb3.jpg 

IMG_6602.jpg

IMG_6605.jpg

Jeff, I have the same TouchPad, same buttons anyway. The tag is also controlled through the HWH controller (couple of add-on, out of place looking relays in the box) so there is some commonality pointing to the controller, possibly. I had a mouse inside the box last year that made a mess. Anyway, the fuse for ride hight sixpack solenoids is #11 on the controller board in ceiling of my first bay. But as I said, while the fuse would cause the solenoids not working, I don't know if it would effect the green LED. There's just no schematics I know about.