2024 Gathering Update - Results

Monacoers,

Thanks to everyone who participated in the poll.

Based on the unavailability of Lazydays due to reconstruction, difficulty in finding a suitable, reasonably priced venue, and lack of sufficient interest in alternate venues, Bill D’s Monacoers will skip 2024 and not hold a formal gathering. 

Several members are planning to attend the Cajun Rally in New Iberia the second week (April 11-15, 2024). I have spoken with the organizers, and they welcome our participation and have offered their meeting facility if we want to hold some sessions there.  If there is sufficient interest, we *may* hold some sessions and a round table there. 

Please Note: If you are interested, please note this rally fills up quickly. As of today, they have about 25 spots left. 

For more info or to register for the Cajun Rally, visit their website at:

http://www.cajunrvrally.com/

Another alternative is the Ramblin’ Pushers’ Maintenance Session, May 3-9, 2024 in Goshen, IN. For more info, see their website:

https://www.ramblinpushers.org/

Best Regards,
Scotty & Dave

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2023 at 10:17 PM, DennisZ said:

I just registered for the 2nd session, I want to be home for the eclipse, we are only a couple of miles from dead center at home.

2nd session?

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to the Cajun Rally, but my wife got a bad infection in her hand and is currently in the hospital being treated. I’ll leave it up to Y’all to eat my share of the crawfish next week.

11 hours ago, DennisZ said:

I was going to the Cajun Rally, but my wife got a bad infection in her hand and is currently in the hospital being treated. I’ll leave it up to Y’all to eat my share of the crawfish next week.

I hope and pray she beats it with minimal discomfort.

My wife had an issue that required weeks of a strong antibiotic.  They hooked her up with an IV, multiple syringes of saline, syringes of Heparin, bulbs of antibiotic solution and sent her on her way.  Now she could hook up at home.  The alternative was driving 45 min one way to the IV clinic everyday. 

In the end it wasn't enough and she lost her big toe to a pedicure.  Yes, a PEDICURE.  Now she's known throughout the world as 'Nine-Toe-Nita'. 

If that's all that's keeping her in the Big House you can have your cake (crawfish) and eat it too. 

- bob

NitaIV2.thumb.jpg.d490dbd9608959baa0edeb0540374925.jpg

NitaIV4.thumb.jpg.6f891dc3fb64ae04c88ed8cfdac24ef3.jpg

My wife went thru that same routine in 2015 when her knee replacement got infected, had a PIC line and used those same antibiotic balls, seemed like for 4 weeks or so. Still not sure when she is getting out, but I think tomorrow.

• Like 1

I am here in 20.

Scotty and Deb Hutto, Van Williams and Pat, Shaun Murphy, Tom and Paula Moore, Ted and Stacey Zimmer.

Hopefully we can catch up!

Paul