Coach Supply Co. Michigan; Reputable? Any experience? Thanks.

Has anyone done business with Coach Supply Co in Michigan?  I sent them a deposit of $1600 for furniture in November and made many calls including our local police to resolve this problem. Mike or Josh were my contacts but no results. If you know these guys let me know. Carl Michael 

I had Josh do numerous items on our coach 4-5 years ago & it worked out great but since I understand that there have been numerous issues financially. Plus several of their key employees have left. Best of luck!!!

Are they answering their phone ? Are they still in business or are they simply ignoring you ?

I hate reading these types of posts. It seems like there is more and more of this going on. We had a customer who needed some work done who lives in our area. Because we don't do mobile work and he couldn't bring his RV in to us he hired a well known mobile RV Tech. He paid a deposit of over $ 3,000 for parts and a few weeks afterwards the mobile RV tech shut down and left the area. I found he opened up on the other side of Florida. 2 Months later he closed down again and left the State.

I hope you get an equitable resolution with this issue.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 11:47 PM, Carl Michael said:

Has anyone done business with Coach Supply Co in Michigan?  I sent them a deposit of $1600 for furniture in November and made many calls including our local police to resolve this problem. Mike or Josh were my contacts but no results. If you know these guys let me know. Carl Michael 

Did you provide the deposit by credit card? If so, easy fix; have the credit card company reverse the transaction. There is a lot of this happening in the marketplace today—its buyer beware all the time. If you used a credit card or debit card your money will be back in your account within 24 hours. 

Ray W

2 minutes ago, Raymond said:

Did you provide the deposit by credit card? If so, easy fix; have the credit card company reverse the transaction. There is a lot of this happening in the marketplace today—its buyer beware all the time. If you used a credit card or debit card your money will be back in your account within 24 hours. 

Ray W

AGREE…but, I’m NOT A BANKER….but a Debit Card, I thought and asked the question of my Personal Banker, is NOT as easy…or sometimes not at all, allow you to protest or disallow the charges.  Over the years, AMEX, is the most professional and also most “user and consumer” friendly.  With all the Artificial Intelligence and upgrades in the phone systems, I find that AMEX is the most “easy to talk to and easy to get them to understand”.  I don’t do but maybe one disputed charge every 5 years….and I rarely do after I contact the “vendor” and say, I WILL and AMEX understands that I am a long time loyal and trustworthy customer so they assist me.  

That’s just my own interpretation.  I would really want a personal banker or officer at my bank to sit down with me and explain the options on a debit card linked to my checking account….chose NOT to get s debit card.  Use  that one of three, each one for a specific type of charge….but anything that i have an “HMMMM?  I Wonder…”goes on the AMEX. 

• Like 1

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Coach Supply Co. Michigan; Reputable? Any experience? Thanks.
25 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

AGREE…but, I’m NOT A BANKER….but a Debit Card, I thought and asked the question of my Personal Banker, is NOT as easy…or sometimes not at all, allow you to protest or disallow the charges.  Over the years, AMEX, is the most professional and also most “user and consumer” friendly.  With all the Artificial Intelligence and upgrades in the phone systems, I find that AMEX is the most “easy to talk to and easy to get them to understand”.  I don’t do but maybe one disputed charge every 5 years….and I rarely do after I contact the “vendor” and say, I WILL and AMEX understands that I am a long time loyal and trustworthy customer so they assist me.  

That’s just my own interpretation.  I would really want a personal banker or officer at my bank to sit down with me and explain the options on a debit card linked to my checking account….chose NOT to get s debit card.  Use  that one of three, each one for a specific type of charge….but anything that i have an “HMMMM?  I Wonder…”goes on the AMEX. 

Reversed on debit card numerous times—never an issue. Hope member with issue is able to reverse after the extended time— never disputed a charge over 2-months old. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raymond said:

Ray W

If a CREDIT card, the bank will promptly investigate the issue, credit your account and pursue the vendor.

A DEBIT card is another story.
When you use a DEBIT card, the vendor has YOUR money instead of the banks.  The bank MAY help you out, but they have much less incentive to go to extreme measures. After all, it's not their money that's gone.
I NEVER, EVER use a debit card for ANYTHING other than an ATM transaction.

Good luck, I hope you used credit.

2 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

I've had the exact same experience as Tom regarding AMEX.
I've been an AMEX member for decades.  I've had several transactions that went sideways, and AMEX has ALWAYS gone to bat for me and retrieved my money.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dl_racing427 said:

If a CREDIT card, the bank will promptly investigate the issue, credit your account and pursue the vendor.

A DEBIT card is another story.
When you use a DEBIT card, the vendor has YOUR money instead of the banks.  The bank MAY help you out, but they have much less incentive to go to extreme measures. After all, it's not their money that's gone.
I NEVER, EVER use a debit card for ANYTHING other than an ATM transaction.

Good luck, I hope you used credit.

I've had the exact same experience as Tom regarding AMEX.
I've been an AMEX member for decades.  I've had several transactions that went sideways, and AMEX has ALWAYS gone to bat for me and retrieved my money.

I agree with this and don't use an ATM card. I've had my credit card number stolen 2 times. Once they charged $1000 on it and the credit card company notified me. They canceled the card and sent me a new one. Didn't cost me anything. 

If this would have been on an ATM card they could have drained my bank account and I would not have noticed till I was out of money. 

Plus I get points or cash back every time I charge on my credit cards. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 11:56 AM, Carl Michael said:

Thanks I have contacted the credit card company and they will investigate but might take 3 months   Carl 

Should not take 3 months. That’s why I have all my accounts with my local credit union. In the past I’ve had to dispute a charge only once, they decided on refunding the money within 5days.

Most banks will put the money back with a hold until they finish their investigation. Most credit cards will credit the money to your account within 5-10 business days. If they rule against you they will reapply the charge. 

With the credit card, be specific & detailed. I once despite’s a charge and the vendor wrote a letter and lied. I then had to go to battle with the credit card company. 

• Like 1