H w h computerized leveling issue.

Your top two lines out of the sixpack should be T-ed together, what ever color comes out of the T is NOT your supply line to level valve. If you have an air line diagram in your manual, it might tell which color you are looking for.

Guest Ray Davis
8 hours ago, 4rickyg said:

This all started three days ago when I hit a huge pothole in atlanta. The front end dropped and when I went under there. The bottom fell out of the leveling valve. Had a roadside repair install new leveling valve and haven't had it right since. Maybe he has the lines backwards?

You may be right, the lines could be reversed, and I don't know if reversing the airlines would make a difference or not.          You gotta be very careful, so drive up on some boards or straddle a ditch, let the air out, & then I would try swapping the lines just to see.

Ray is right about the precautions, you would get full pressure blast of air. Thinking about my earlier comment, don't do it with ride hight engaged either. If the solenoid valves work, the airbags would deflate too. Best to dump all the air from tanks and bags for swapping the lines.

16 hours ago, 4rickyg said:

I think this is getting to be to difficult and dangerous for me to go any further in a rv parking lot. Does anyone know of any place in the Louisville area that would be familiar with this system?

Google HWH Authorized Repair Shops….or go to their website.  About 8 or so in Kentucky.  Also, there are several in Elkhart which is 4 hours north….many there…some that the locals use not on the list.  REV has a shop, there, I think.  Call the one that looks good and talk to service manager and “get your own” feeling of comfort…

maybe some will chime in….but the HWH site is the first “cold call” approach…

Can't seem to find anyone around here who can work on it. Going to try to make it home and take it to Josams. Spoke with barry, he said to air it up manually and pull the fuse for ride height. FRB Has 4 fuses marked air level and one marked level. Guess I will pull all 5 and try that? 

Guest Ray Davis
16 minutes ago, 4rickyg said:

Can't seem to find anyone around here who can work on it. Going to try to make it home and take it to Josams. Spoke with barry, he said to air it up manually and pull the fuse for ride height. FRB Has 4 fuses marked air level and one marked level. Guess I will pull all 5 and try that? 

I haven't had to do that, but it sounds like a good plan except you may need to stop occasionally and redo your manual adjustment.  In any case, it is very interesting, and hopefully, it works well for you.  Please keep us posted.

I had a problem one year back in 2018 on my 02 Windsor where the right front corner would drop when in ride height. This was after camping for one night at Golden Beach SP in the Adirondacks. The HWH panel worked fine. My only recourse was to use the HWH panel to raise the right front corner to match the correct ride height. However, once you put it in gear the HWH panel would turn off and the corner would drop. In order to drive to our next destination I had to hold the HWH panel ON button down with my left hand and hold the steering wheel with my right hand. We drove like that on mountain roads for about 10 miles then stopped at a general store in Blue Mountain Lake for a break. When we returned to the coach I dumped all of the air and let the engine run until tanks were full. The entire coach came up to normal ride height and we headed for Rainbow Lake. That incident never raised its ugly head again.

To this day I have no idea what may have happened unless it was a stuck valve or an electrical gremlin.

Got it fixed!!!! I decided to get under there and give it one more try. He did not have the lines backwards, but he had the leveling arm in Is the wrong orientation. Spun it 180 degrees and everything worked like it should.

So that cost me nine hundred dollars with the roadside mechanic who put it in backwards.... I guess it could have been worse🤣🤣

I want to thank everyone for all their help. I know a lot more about the air system now.

• Like 1