H w h computerized leveling issue.

05 Navigator. Trying to figure out my air system. When I put it in travel mode, the front air bags do not stay up where they should be. The rear is correct. When I go underneath to adjust the ride height rod for The front The bags barely fill or deflate.I replace the valve and still does not work correctly.

The control panel Works correctly when I am in level mode. Bags will fill and deflate rapidly and hold air. When I put in travel mode, front end drops And seems like something is not letting them fill even if I adjust the arm on the valve. Any ideas would be appreciated this is starting to drive me crazy... 

Starting to think maybe the travel mode on the control panel is bad?

I doubt it is the leveling control panel.  It's my understanding that when you start your main engine, the leveling system is taken out of the circuit and the system will go into travel mode as a default.  This is for HWH Air Leveling.  I'd look for a problem component that is not in the leveling system circuit, like the Ride Height Solenoids and Richard suggested.  

-Rick N.

I know where the 6 pack solenoid is.not sure where the ride height solenoid is? I will check the model when I get back to the coach.

I did an experiment on this trip. I put it Level mode Filled up the front airbags then pull out all of the air leveling fuses. It stayed aired up like that for a few hours of driving And then the one side dropped down?

contrary to popular believe the 6 pack valves do adjust going down the road to level the coach left to right in high winds or quick turns. These are easily resealed by replacing three O-rings in each. Mine were leaking and twisting my chassis making it pull going down the road. When I fixed them my coach tracks straight. 

1 hour ago, 4rickyg said:

Is there a way to bypass the system so I can drive home and work on it then?

Yes there is. Download the service manual for your model and it will show what connections in HWH control box to jump. I did this when I had to send the cpu to be repaired. It will be in your front outside compartment celling. (most likely) Here is mine to give you an idea. (model 500) Go to page 16. Along with how to reseal your six pack valves.

HWH air system control box.JPG

HWH seal replacement.pdf hwh Service Manual 500 series leveling system.pdf

1 hour ago, waterskier_1 said:

Which system?  You automatically bypass the Leveling System when you start the engine.  I am not aware of any way to bypass the Air Suspension System though. 

- Rick N 

It only by-passes the parked air leveling but still keeps the coach leveling on driving side to side. So if the six pack valves have a leak you will have a problem.

Edited by timaz996

18 hours ago, waterskier_1 said:

Are you saying there is a bypass that will keep the coach level in travel mode if the six-pack valves are leaking? 

No, I'm saying if you CPU is the problem you can by-pass it and the coach will stay at ride height.

Find your service manual for your model

Tim

Depending on which version of six-pack manifold you have, there should be small "T" handles one on each side of the manifold.  Those "T" handles are needle valves that screw in below the Travel solenoids.  If you open those valves, you will manually bypass the Travel mode solenoids and you can drive the vehicle with normal height control via the ride height valves.  That way you can drive it home and troubleshoot there.  I have attached a copy of the HWH air leveling text book for your reading pleasure.

Richard

HWH Air Leveling Systems Text Book.pdf

Sorry, message was for Rick, not Tim.  My bad.

Richard

Scan through the illustrations in the HWH text book to see what the T-handles look like and then crawl under and take a look at your six packs to see if they are there.  I have the model 2000 and mine has the T-handles, but I have seen others that do not.  I have no idea why they exist on some units and not on others.  It may be that one (or both) of the Travel mode solenoids have failed, either electrically or physically stuck.  I actually carry a spare solenoid for insurance (Murphy's law says that if you carry the spare parts, you will never need them.  Ha! Ha!).  The solenoid electric coils are all the same and they are fairly easy to remove and replace if you want to do some swapping for troubleshooting purposes.  The important part is that the solenoid in each position is connected to the correct wiring harness.  So, if you swap the solenoid coils, make sure you swap the corresponding wiring connections in the harness.  The connections are about 12 inches back on the wires from the solenoid.  You can remove the electric coil portion from the solenoid valve without air loss but do NOT remove the base of solenoid valve from the manifold without firmly blocking up the coach and removing all air from the system.  You don't want the air suspension dropping with you under there.  Good luck and be careful.

Richard 

It is possible that the rubber seals can get stuck particularly if you have been parked for an extended amount of time in hot weather.  You would have to have someone energize the Travel mode solenoid while you were tapping on it to do any good.  The few times I have had a sticking problem after being parked for an extended time, I solved the problem by exercising the unit multiple times.  (I raised the coach as high as possible and then hit Travel mode and then dumped all air and then hit Travel mode.  After a few cycles of this, all was good.)

The control box is located in the big bay under a cover assuming my 2005 Monaco built Safari is like your Executive.  The control box has relays that control the travel mode for each corner.  You can pull the connectors and test each solenoid for continuity and use 12v jumpers to activate individually.  The leds indicate which relays are activated.  You can then determine  the source of the problem.  In my case the daughter relay board inside had multiple bad solder joints especially on the relay terminals. Once I re-flowed the solder my multiple problems were gone.

Went under there last night. I do not have the t handles. For some reason, when I put it in travel mode, the front will not raise. No matter where I adjusthe ride height valve. I moved the bar up and tried it. Then moved the bar down and try it no change. The front will raise in level mode no problem and stay up?? This is a brand new leveling valve.

This all started three days ago when I hit a huge pothole in atlanta. The front end dropped and when I went under there. The bottom fell out of the leveling valve. Had a roadside repair install new leveling valve and haven't had it right since. Maybe he has the lines backwards?

Rick

There are separate air supply lines from the air tank to the height control valve and the HWH six-pack.  It sounds like you have an air supply issue to the new height control valve or the new valve is faulty or improperly installed.  I would zero in on the height control valve, it sounds like your leveling system is just fine.

Richard