Dishwasher

Donflem
Go to solution Solved by timaz996,

How hard would it be to install a dishwasher in my 07 Dynasty? Do you guys have any idea what the best place to install it and any pros and cons? Wife’s wanting a dishwasher for some reason 🤷🏼‍♂️. I told her I didn’t understand she was good at it heck I’ve never even complained about her dishwashing before 🤣. Any advice on best models?

Thanks in advance Don

• Haha 1

• Solution

I didn't want to loose cabinet space so I bought a portable and just set it over my large sink with the cover on it. I will hold a setting of four without pots and pans. Uses less then 5 quarts of water and does a great job. You can find many on Amazon.

dishwasher.jpg

Edited by timaz996
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Donflem said:

How hard would it be to install a dishwasher in my 07 Dynasty? Do you guys have any idea what the best place to install it and any pros and cons? Wife’s wanting a dishwasher for some reason 🤷🏼‍♂️. I told her I didn’t understand she was good at it heck I’ve never even complained about her dishwashing before 🤣. Any advice on best models?

Thanks in advance Don

There were Monaco’s (including the Patriot) that I thought had a dishwasher option…or maybe the photos I saw were custom.  You will need a space and power and hot water and a drain line.  It will be 110 VAC and require a separate line….as trying to steal power from your inverter will be tricky.  So, running a dedicated circuit or maybe stealing the engine block heater….if that has a GFCI in the panel, it must be changed out.  GFCI and dishwashers may not play nice together.  The portables probably don’t draw as much power…but if they develop a NON LETHAL leak in the dryer element, that has a high potential for tripping the GFCI…so, for a reliable installation…dedicated circuit.  Water and such are simpler….be aware that your Aquahot, on electric, will probably be OK…but if someone is showering….you are gonna switch to Diesel otherwise hear a blood curling scream.  Drain is OK, except that any obstruction in your existing gravity drain system snd you “pumping” the dishwasher waters out…gonna cause a bit of a tift as the MH drains were not meant for low pressure…and are smaller than your home.

Many of the custom shops that do full scale makeovers and new appliances can do this.  There is a Custom Coach company outside Nashville that does all the country music stars Prevosts.  We have had members use them and rave about the knowledge and quality….but admit that they were paying for things that Rock stars paid for out of petty cash.  Google them and call…all they can do is say no or give you a ballpark $$.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Donflem said:

Thanks in advance Don

Where are you located?

1 minute ago, Paul J A said:

Where are you located?

We had a Fisher Paykel Dishwasher 10 years full timing. Flawless. 

• Like 1

I live in Apple Valley California but I’m in Montana for the summer. I never even thought about the water being PUMPED out last thing I want is plumbing problems. I’m nursing a cracked stiff flex pipe in the slide till I get home so I can fix that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Donflem said:

I live in Apple Valley California but I’m in Montana for the summer. I never even thought about the water being PUMPED out last thing I want is plumbing problems. I’m nursing a cracked stiff flex pipe in the slide till I get home so I can fix that.

FWIW….Portable would be my gift to DW… Good Luck

• Like 1

On 8/20/2023 at 8:01 PM, Donflem said:

HI Don. When you get back to Apple Valley please drop me a note { I presume via this forum].Thanks. Les

On 8/20/2023 at 10:01 PM, Donflem said:

Use hot tub components for that leak repair from HD or Lowes.