2003 HR Ambassador turn signal Switch information

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2003 HR Ambassador turn signal Switch information

Try

Visione RV salvage in KY (606) 843-9889

United RV Texas (817) 834-7141

Veurinks RV (616) 281-5111

Lippert Components (574) 535-1125

Colaw RV Parts and Salvage on E Bay or colawrvsalvage.com or (877) 548-2125 in MO

Post a picture of the stalk.  Most of the switches don’t have the cruise function   Then start googling.  The stock REV kit doesn’t have cruise.  Amazon has a bunch

9 hours ago, Happycarz said:

Dorman makes a lot of these….matter of matching the plugs or connectors.  Amazon sells different styles.  Monaco bought standard assemlies that were used in a specific car or light truck (Silverado or F150] components…so keep researching…..odds are way cheaper from an online vendor that the “RV SPECIALTY” sites.  Some of the ones suggested are 3X the same item on Amazon….but are not OEM, BUT aftermarket…

+1 on what Martin wrote. Brazel’s, AKA Workhorse Parts, has the stock OEM parts we need for our coaches. I replaced mine last year. The hardest part was getting those two screws out that you can see, when you’re sitting and look down the top of the column, where it flattens out, as it goes in toward the dash. Mine were a bear to remove.

Tony, this is the part you need from Brazel's: W8000543 - Multi-Function Switch Asm (Indicators, Brights, Wipers, Cruise Control). I paid $221.56 last year. You can take your chances buying aftermarket junk, but I personally feel more comfortable with OE.

8 minutes ago, FLynes said:

Tony, this is the part you need from Brazel's: W8000543 - Multi-Function Switch Asm (Indicators, Brights, Wipers, Cruise Control). I paid $221.56 last year. You can take your chances buying aftermarket junk, but I personally feel more comfortable with OE.

That is the Dorman 2330814, that was posted.  It, the OEM, Dorman, is all over the internet. Advance Auto is closing out due to age and demand.  You can buy it NEW, yes, a real Dorman, for under $80….

Also on Amazon.  Good luck

IMG_0976.png

30 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

That is the Dorman 2330814, that was posted.  It, the OEM, Dorman, is all over the internet. Advance Auto is closing out due to age and demand.  You can buy it NEW, yes, a real Dorman, for under $80….

Also on Amazon.  Good luck

IMG_0976.png

I just got off the phone with both Brazel's and Dorman....Brazel's does not get their multifunction switches from Dorman. When I spoke with Dorman, they confirmed that they are not and never have been OE suppliers to the automotive industry, they make aftermarket parts, including this multifunction switch. They even say on their website that, "Since 1918, we have been the automotive aftermarket’s pioneering problem solvers. We have released thousands of parts and components that people could once only buy from original equipment manufacturers."

There's a reason the OE part is more expensive. Caveat Emptor.

26 minutes ago, FLynes said:

I just got off the phone with both Brazel's and Dorman....Brazel's does not get their multifunction switches from Dorman. When I spoke with Dorman, they confirmed that they are not and never have been OE suppliers to the automotive industry, they make aftermarket parts, including this multifunction switch. They even say on their website that, "Since 1918, we have been the automotive aftermarket’s pioneering problem solvers. We have released thousands of parts and components that people could once only buy from original equipment manufacturers."

There's a reason the OE part is more expensive. Caveat Emptor.

Fascinating.  The Dorman “where used” lists all the vehicles….but not the WH.  BUT, IF you keep searching….the OEM Delco Remy, is out there….as long as the harnesses are OK, then the Delco Remy OEM GM (who used it first), is $45.

D6221E Turn Signal Switch

https://www.carparts.com/turn-signal-switch/ac-delco/acd6221e

If you look at the “where used”, you see many GM vehicles from Cadillac’s to HD 3500 GMC big boys….which would be similar to the MH.

Guess one takes a chance with the “aftermarket Dorman” or orders the Delco Remy one or the Brazels….  They all appear to be interchangeable….

One could also go to a GM dealer and give them any of the where used model on the Dorman site and get a price.

BTW, Amazon sells the Delco Remy (OEM that you buy at a GM dealership) for $35 or less.  Parts are notoriously marked up and such…

I guess one needs to dig deep and find the best part (new, OEM, aftermarket, etc…), then make a decision.  Lots of options for the OP and if his harness matches all the parts….Brazels or Dorman or Delco Remy OEM or such….then decide if just a replacement switch is needed or the entire assembly.  

Thanks for doing the research…got me curious….and that helps out our members.  We will add the numbers to the Parts List

@Frank McElroy  should be enough info to add….

3 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

Fascinating.  The Dorman “where used” lists all the vehicles….but not the WH.  BUT, IF you keep searching….the OEM Delco Remy, is out there….as long as the harnesses are OK, then the Delco Remy OEM GM (who used it first), is $45.

D6221E Turn Signal Switch

https://www.carparts.com/turn-signal-switch/ac-delco/acd6221e

If you look at the “where used”, you see many GM vehicles from Cadillac’s to HD 3500 GMC big boys….which would be similar to the MH.

Guess one takes a chance with the “aftermarket Dorman” or orders the Delco Remy one or the Brazels….  They all appear to be interchangeable….

One could also go to a GM dealer and give them any of the where used model on the Dorman site and get a price.

BTW, Amazon sells the Delco Remy (OEM that you buy at a GM dealership) for $35 or less.  Parts are notoriously marked up and such…

I guess one needs to dig deep and find the best part (new, OEM, aftermarket, etc…), then make a decision.  Lots of options for the OP and if his harness matches all the parts….Brazels or Dorman or Delco Remy OEM or such….then decide if just a replacement switch is needed or the entire assembly.  

Thanks for doing the research…got me curious….and that helps out our members.  We will add the numbers to the Parts List

@Frank McElroy  should be enough info to add….

If I remember correctly, there is an issue with the Delco part fitting, and I think it has to do with the hazard switch, but I don’t remember exactly, I just remember being bummed out because the Delco price was cheaper. The one thing I will say about Brazel’s is that they may be more expensive, but their customer service is second to none. I have never once had an issue with anything I’ve received from them.

You can buy the complete assembly (arm and mf switch) at Brazels or just the multi-function switch at about half the cost. All depends on where the problem lies. 

I recently was looking to replace the unit on our coach because the wipers were going haywire. Thankfully the issue has not recurred since the middle of July. Me thinks I need to buy a unit just to make sure that it works as expected. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Martinvz said:

You can buy the complete assembly (arm and mf switch) at Brazels or just the multi-function switch at about half the cost. All depends on where the problem lies. 

I recently was looking to replace the unit on our coach because the wipers were going haywire. Thankfully the issue has not recurred since the middle of July. Me thinks I need to buy a unit just to make sure that it works as expected. 

No doubt.  Only comment.  We have issues with wipers and lights and such quite frequently.  My thoughts would be to get a can of ELECTRONICS (not Electrical) Contact cleaner and start, if you can, at the harness to Mr. MF.  Plug, clean…unplug a few times and really “seat” the connectors.  Follow the harnesses and repeat at every male to female connector. That solves a lot of issues…

but…no guarantees…just 14 years of history and moderating…

Dorman supplies many of the major auto parts chains.  In general:  They make good stuff.  I wouldn't hesitate.

The parts from a OE Dealer are marked up way higher by both the OEM and the dealer.

I used to be in "Mopar Parts" Strategy role (Chrysler / DCX / FCA) so have a little professional background on the subject...

re: electrical contacts...yes, clean them no matter what.  But half the work is exposing the wiring harness.  I would replace the switch anyway for the cheap price that the Dorman is AND clean the contacts.

Edited by DavidL
  • Like 1