2001 Dynasty - Is this a high pressure cutoff switch? - Front HVAC Dash unit

Bill C
Go to solution Solved by Ivan K,

I have finally found my Chassis A/C Leak! In the picture below, my A/C is leaking from the connectors on this switch (where the electrical leads connect to it).

Now that I have found the leak, I need to replace the part. Can someone please tell me what this is? Is it the high pressure cutoff switch, or what is it?

If you know what it is, do you have a part # or something I can use to purchase a new one?

I'm assuming I can get this at any auto parts store, is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide?

Bill

RVA_CPressureswitch.thumb.jpg.5513e410898819164636f13b07587092.jpg

IMG_8524.thumb.jpg.00064760f4e25005362d6c6b8b77f1a9.jpg

• Solution

Low pressure switch, pretty standard part between vehicles. You can unscrew it and take it with you to a parts store. Start turning it slow if there is still pressure in the system. There should be a schrader valve to keep pressure in the system behind it, just like in your tires but just in case someone removed it.

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I tried to find a switch, but no auto parts stores in this little town of MOAB have one so I ordered it.

Luckily, and thanks to Ivan K's tip, there is/was a schrader valve on the coach end, so no freon escaped (not much) so I don't have to vacuum out the system and fully recharge it.

Thanks again everyone, especially Ivan K.

Regards, 

Bill

• Like 1

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2001 Dynasty - Is this a high pressure cutoff switch? - Front HVAC Dash unit