Needing 110 Receptacle Wiring Diagram (2003 Windsor PST)

privcap1

Hello,

I'm a new member.  This is definitely an excellent site for  Monaco owners!

I'm needing the 110vac receptacle wiring diagram for our 2003 Windsor PST.  I've been on the downloads section for 2003 models but I'm not seeing the particular diagram I require.  Anyone know of a source or area for such a diagram?  I'm needing to see wiring paths including junction boxes.

Edited by privcap1

Good luck in finding one. My operators manual had both 12 VDC and 120 VAC diagrams which didn't even include my floor-plan. The 120 VAC ones are pretty crude at best. You'll be lucky just to find a diagram with the layout of where your 120 VAC power is terminated.

Thank you JDStew,

I'm going to keep that close by as it has everything.  Unfortunately for me it doesn't have the detailed 110Vac wiring schematic that shows electrical detail such as j-boxes.

1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

Good luck in finding one. My operators manual had both 12 VDC and 120 VAC diagrams which didn't even include my floor-plan. The 120 VAC ones are pretty crude at best. You'll be lucky just to find a diagram with the layout of where your 120 VAC power is terminated.

Dr4,  I'm finding that out unfortunately.

I have one for 2003 Dynasty and higher models that another member sent me.  It is very close my Windsor but not completely.

I'm chasing a dead "front kitchen" circuit after my wife's coffee maker caused the circuit to open up somewhere.  Unfortunately it didn't pop the breaker. I've gone it down to no continuity from a junction box to the breaker pane (black power wire).  However I need to see the wiring path as it relates to the junction boxes.

Yeah, I think you're at a place where you just need to start finding splices and testing sections of wire...

Is the PST a triple slide with the galley on the curb side?  If so, it looks like your floorplan from the galley forward is almost identical to  my 2003 dynasty triple.  In which case I'd bet the circuit is wired very similarly (i.e.- not necessarily like the diagram I posted).

The kitchen branch goes from the breaker panels to a junction box under the fridge (the diagram says 'located dinette OHD', which is not right). I beleive it also runs to the cabinet just to the rear of your kitchen slide-out.

On the dinette side: (I'm betting that this isn't part of your problem, but here's what I know about the wiring.) Under the fridge, I've got a 4"x4"  steel junction box screwed to the subfloor with 4 wires coming out of it; 3 are romex and 1 is a black flexible cord about 1/2" diameter. I think the flexible cord coming out of the junction box runs through the sliding conduit into the dinette slide-out.  Which is also different from the diagram. And from the junction box I believe one run of romex  goes on forward to the outlets  in the overhead cabinets up front for TV/stereo. There's also a 2nd circuit inside this box under the fridge (I know it's not the microwave circuit but didn't keep testing to find out what it is).

Over on the kitchen side: I don't have a junction box anywhere visible on either side of the big flex joint where power/water/waste/gas comes into the slide-out. But I can see that the flex conduit comes down from the ceiling at the outboard side of the cabinets at the rear end of the kitchen. There's a false panel inside the cabinet with a label saying "Remove this panel to access electrical".

So I think there are splices behind the false panel in that cabinet.

Inside the slide-out: The flex conduit goes down under the floor of the cabinets and I can't see a termination. I'd bet it runs up inside the wall to one of the outlets above the countertop. And probably runs from outlet-to-outlet on to the forward end of the slide-out.

So... Do you have power in the dinette and at the TV? If so, I bet your problem is inside that false cabinet panel next to the kitchen slide-out, or at the back of one of the outlets above the kitchen counters.

Cheers,

Walter

Edited by wamcneil

Hi Walter,

We have triple slides and our kitchen/cupboards/microwave are on the passenger side.  I've looked under the fridge on the other side and no j-box there.  There is a junction box on the floor at the back end of the kitchen slide and this box is wired like the one you describe.  This j-box has no power to any of the wiring contained with in it.   I discovered another j-box  (as you describe with the false panel) in the wall behind the shower that is next to the kitchen slide area.  There's an access hole for it but it looks like I can only get at it with the kitchen slide in.  We've been hit with heavy rain and winds for the past few days so I don't want to bring the slide in yet with it being so wet.  I lost power to the front TV double plug too but there's a single "lock-out" outlet right beside the dead one that still has power so using that right now. The dinette circuit has power.  Just my "front kitchen" circuit is dead. I've looked high and low for more j-boxes but so far no luck.  Next area to check is the basement when the weather improves.

Hopefully the problem is that hidden j-box in the wall!

Thank you for your direction.

Guest Tim503

Don't plan on a hidden jbox as that is not the way they wire stuff. All plugs in the kitchen have a safety plug for use by water. My bathroom has it but it also controls the basement plug. The kitchen has one that controls three plugs. My panels have them for the combined ice maker / washer dryer circuit. The bedroom has one in the panel because there is an outdoor plug in the engine compartment for the engine heater or auxiliary outdoor use. You haven't talked about those issues. They have a test button and a reset button and they can fail.

Edited by Tim503

13 hours ago, Tim503 said:

Don't plan on a hidden jbox as that is not the way they wire stuff. All plugs in the kitchen have a safety plug for use by water. My bathroom has it but it also controls the basement plug. The kitchen has one that controls three plugs. My panels have them for the combined ice maker / washer dryer circuit. The bedroom has one in the panel because there is an outdoor plug in the engine compartment for the engine heater or auxiliary outdoor use. You haven't talked about those issues. They have a test button and a reset button and they can fail.

Tim

Those "safety plugs" are known as GFCI RECEPTACLES... (aka: Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupter OUTLETS).

What is a GFCI Outlet? | Angie's List

• 2 years later...