AC condenser fan always running?

Go to solution Solved by Rikadoo,

1 hour ago, Kent Madison said:

My 09 Navigators AC fan between the front tires always runs regardless if the AC is no or not.  Do others also have that same issue? You turn on the key and the fan starts.

Don't pretend to be a Executive/Navigator expert.  I am confused....so for clarity, can you post a picture of the fan and where it is.  MANY may know....and if so, I apologize.  We Moderators try to have some basic understandings of all the Monaco's, but this is a new one on me....so that is why I ask.

Thanks...

• Solution

Hello Kent, so to be clear your condencer fan is to run anytime the ac compressor is engauged, that would be in a setting in anything other that “vent, or floor  or off” if you have the mode switch in the off position an the fan still runs go back at the engine with it running an look to see if it is engauged. If it is not then i had run into a few that because no one could find the fuse that controls it, it had a wire connected to it to run with the key on power. If the compressor is running with the mode switch in the off position due to the amount of amps required to run both the compressor AND the fan you may have a relay that went rogue an stuck in the run position. 

On the Signature, Executive, and Navigator the dash A/C condenser and fan are up on the front firewall just behind the front axle.  

The fan should run anytime you have A/C or Defrost selected, and the pressure sensor calls for it.  

It could also have a bad compressor or low refrigerant and the fan would run constantly.  

The old fan did run slow, even when the fuse was blown.  I also noticed that there is an extra wire connected to the wires just before the fan plug that might be coming from the dash. I will disconnect that extra wire and see if that solves the problem. Now that I replaced the fuse it might just work fine.  They put the fuse box in the worst place ever up under the cover in the front cargo bay. not easy to get to at all.

Guest Ray Davis
46 minutes ago, Kent Madison said:

They put the fuse box in the worst place ever up under the cover in the front cargo bay. not easy to get to at all.

Yes, it is a difficult place to spend any time, and I'm not a big person, a little older but I still get around ok.   However, getting down on my knees to poke around in the front run elect bay is uncomfortable.  That's why I keep a little plastic stool on board to use outside to sit on, it's so much better.  The one I have is only 9 inches tall which makes it about right for me, plus it's cheap, like only $10.     

Amazon.com: Utopia Home Folding Step Stool - (Pack of 1) Foot Stool with 9 Inch Height - Holds Up to 300 lbs - Lightweight Plastic Foldable Step Stool for Kids, Kitchen, Bathroom & Living Room (Blue) : Home & Kitchen

Utopia Home Folding Step Stool - (Pack of 1) Foot Stool with 9 Inch Height - Holds Up to 300 lbs - Lightweight Plastic Foldab          

Here are a few pictures of the fan and fuse. I found that I did have a added wire coming from the dash to bypass the fuse and relay. After replacing the burnt out fan and fuse it works great and correctly. Thanks for all the advise group.

IMG_20231030_151019_639.jpg

IMG_20231030_150847_933.jpg

IMG_20231030_150842_359.jpg

IMG_20231030_150832_008.jpg

IMG_20231030_150712_990.jpg

IMG_20231030_150653_761.jpg

Hey Kent, so just where was that fuse box located? I had a customer come in with same issue and i could not find the fuse box, so i had to build a entire system to function the fan, it works like factory however i had to charge to build it. Often due to customers “stuff” i cant justify diggin thru everything to locate mis located fuse boxes. Glad you located it👍