Tires 295/80’s or 295/75’s

Go to solution Solved by Tom Cherry,

I went with Toyo M144's 295/80R/22.5 first on the front steers and liked their performance and reputation and after a blowout on the rear duals I had to use roadside assistance. Of course, it was on a Sunday in very rural Western Kansas. Luckily, we were a block from a small private RV park. It took a day for the tire service truck to come and they sold me what they had which was a used mismatched 295/75R/22.5. Well it got us home.

When finances allowed I got four new matching Toyo tires for the drive duals and I vowed to carry a spare of the right size for future possible tire failures. I now have purchased a Roadmaster spare tire hitch mount holder to carry a good used spare of the right size.

After I replaced the Michelins with Toyo M144's several years ago, my wife remarked that she thought they rode smoother. I kept accurate fuel mileage records and also noticed a consistent .3-.4 mpg increase. They had 35,000 miles when we sold the coach and they still looked near new. The best part was that I saved $2500 on the eight Toyo vs Michelin tires and sold the takeoffs to a trucker. Fortunately, our new 06 Executive came with new M144's.  

Edited by Venturer

You should research Motor Home Tires - ( www.motorhometires.com. ) Jeff Bown is the CEO and they are are very big supporter of the Monacoers Group. He attended and gave a presentation at the 2023 Gathering and he Knows tires. He can get you any brand tire you may want and will come to your location to mount and balance the tires. His prices on tires includes coming to your location, Mounting and balancing the tires. His prices are very competitive and he will do his best to beat any of the other tire purchase programs like FMCA and the like. If Jeff does not have or can not find the tire you want it does not exist. He has access to over 5000 distributors and service centers throughout the country.

They are also a Authorized Tyron Band Distributor.

Many of our members have purchased tires through Motor Home Tires and have been very happy with the service they have received.

Contact info; Jeff Bown, Motor Home Tires; www.motorhometires.com (866)-501-1998

The steer axle tires on our coach aged out in 2021-Michelin 365/70R22.5- and there were none available anywhere I checked and Jeff found me a set and installed them.

• Like 3